Chapter 26

I dedicate this chapter to you all, especially to those who motivate me to update! Thank you guys for your support! I appreciate it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kris' POV

Shit, shit, shit! Why did I do that?! I don't fucking know! Wait, I shouldn't swear. I am a calm, composed, chivalrous man. Oh, that's 3 C's!

Anyway, back to the kiss. I didn't mean to kiss her...That sounded offensive. What I mean is it's complicated. I liked the kiss honestly. It's just that our situation is not that simple. I don't want to complicate things.

Kylie is a strong, kind, cheerful, crazy but somewhat funny, and beautiful girl. I can't deny that I'm attracted to her. And I think we're connected in some way because she can touch me, and I can feel what she's feeling sometimes.

But I don't want to hope for something that is impossible to happen. Plus, she deserves the best. She deserves someone better than me. She deserves someone who is not a ghost.

And that kiss just started something. It started something that was not supposed to be started. It's all my fault! I just couldn't control myself when I'm that close to her.

I know that I deserve to be ignored by her after what I said to her, but I couldn't stand it, so I kept apologizing. When she arrived home earlier than expected, I knew something was wrong.

I felt her fear not a long time ago. I was tempted to go to her and see what was happening, but I figured out that she doesn't want to see me and I thought she could handle it since she's strong, so I stayed here.

I felt happy and relieved when she talked to me. However, when I saw her dripping wet (not that kind of wet, you pervs), I concluded that someone was bullying her and asked what happened.

The moment she mentioned Crystal, I stiffened.

"I should've known that she would do this to you. That girl never change." The last part was not meant for Kylie to hear.

"What?" She seemed to be putting two and two together. "You knew her when you were alive, didn't you?"

Okay, Kris, calm down. We can still get out of this.

"Uhh, did I say something like that?"

"Kris," she said in a serious tone.

I sighed in defeat and thought of ways how to break it to her.

"Crystal was...she was my girlfriend." I couldn't look her in the eyes.

Silence engulfed the room. I gathered enough courage to look at her properly. She was staring at me in shock and incredulity. She finally blinked and sat limply on her bed, not caring if she stain the bed.

"That bi- that girl was your girlfriend?..." She asked for confirmation.

"Yes," I nodded.

"Wait, I heard you passed away 3 years ago?" What's with the sudden change of topic?

"Yeah..." I eyed her, confused at what she's on about.

"When you died, you were 19?" She asked with curious eyes.

"Obviously," I replied. Do I look like I'm older than 19?

"So, if you're still alive, you're 22 now?"

"Obviously."

"If you dated her 3 years ago, she was 15 and you were 19, right?" She rubbed her imaginary beard.

"Obviously."

"So that means you're a pedophile?"

"Obviously..wha-no!" I glared at her. She got me there.