Chapter 30

Mark's POV

I rushed into the hospital and into Crystal's room, and saw her parents sitting beside her unconscious body.

"What happened?!" I asked, catching my breath. I came here as soon as I got the news that she was at a hospital. Don't say that I lied about hating her. Well, hate is too much. But dislike is not enough, so I'm between hating her and disliking her.

I still care about her, well a little, although I did threaten her when she killed an innocent cat and put it in Kylie's locker. Despite that, I care about her. We were best friends for a long time after all.

Crystal's parents whipped their heads in my direction, and threw me an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry we had you come all the way here, Mark. We just thought that Crystal would ask for you when she wakes up." Crystal's mother, Macy, glanced at her daughter lying on the hospital bed. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Why me?

"It's been a while since we last saw you. You've grown up to be a handsome man." Macy smiled to at least lessen the tension.

I forced a smile then looked at Crystal. "What happened to her?"

I walked myself over to Crystal's side. She looked like an innocent angel sleeping. My eyes softened as I looked at her. I miss the days when she was still, well, not as bad as the present her.

Crystal's parents looked at each other before looking at me. "The doctor said that she passed out. And before passing out, she was having a difficulty in breathing."

I threw them a confused look.

"He said maybe she had a panic attack. The nurses and the doctor also found out that her throat was...they described it like someone choked her or something, but," Macy looked at Philip, her husband. "As you can see, there's no bruises or marks around her neck."

I looked at Crystal's neck, and indeed, there was nothing. Her neck was fine.

"They were confused, so they said to just wait for her to wake up and ask her what happened." Macy held Crystal's hand.

I got more confused than before. How did that happen? What??? Maybe someone did try choking her, that's why she was struggling to breathe, but then why isn't there at least a small bruise?

"If she fainted, who found her and brought her here?" I asked, thinking maybe the person who took her here knew or saw what happened.

Macy looked up at the ceiling, thinking. "The nurses told me it was a boy, but he didn't stay long."

I narrowed my eyes at that. That boy is kinda suspicious. I mean, he did took Crystal here at the hospital to be treated, but he could at least wait until her parents arrived. Or maybe, he was the one who hurt Crystal, and got guilty, so he helped her instead.

Why would anyone want to hurt Crystal anyways? I mean, she did bully a lot of people, hurt a lot of people, but it started a long time ago. Why now? Maybe she bullied someone recently and that someone have had enough of her? But the only one she's bullying these days is...Kylie.

My eyes widened at this. It couldn't be, right? I know Kylie is not that kind of person. She wouldn't resort to something like this. But...someone is capable of doing it because he, I know for sure, cares about Kylie. And he has plenty of reasons to hurt Crystal. BUT...he couldn't have, right? He couldn't have hurt her. After all, she was his girlfriend.

"Okay, I'll find that guy. Maybe, he has some answers as to what exactly happened to her." I told Crystal's parents and went to ask one of the nurses at the nurse station for the description of the guy. And that's when I knew it was Kris who hurt her. Who else could choke someone without touching them? Only a ghost. After that, you know what happened.