Chapter 18

Kris' POV

Aaah! It's so boring! I'm all alone in this house. Jake and Kylie are at school. And, of course, their parents are at work. I was used to this silence before they moved here, so why?! Why can't I stand this deafening silence now?!

I used to play with my toys when no one was around, but now? I couldn't even play with them in just a minute without getting bored.

I want to go out of this house. I want to annoy somebody, especially Kylie. I just find her annoyed face entertaining. Hey, don't get me wrong. All the girls who were living here before were entertaining, too. Don't get any disgusting idea here, okay? Remember, I'm a gentleman, but not to certain people. You know who I mean.

Anyway, Kylie's different not because she can see me. There's just something about her that intrigues me. That's just it and nothing else...right?

I'll have my buddy ghost Kris bully you!

I blinked a million times and abruptly looked around to see if somebody's there.

What the? What was that? Bully? Who? I know it's Kylie's voice.

I notice that my ears perk up when they hear Kylie's voice. I don't know why.

I frowned when I saw nobody's around.

Am I just imagining things? If I, by any chance, did imagine it, why would I imagine Kylie saying I will bully someone? And why would I imagine her of all people?

And there's a word bully, right? Why would I bully someone? And she called me buddy ghost?! Since when did we become buddies?!

I frowned deeply at the vase in front of me then the wall next, hoping they would give me the answers to my questions. I just stood there, not knowing what to do.

Should I go check up on her? Why would I?! I don't care about her! But if I don't go, this unsettling feeling won't go away. Tsk! That woman sure is troublesome.

I decided to go to her school just to make sure that she's...not being bullied? No, that came out wrong. To make sure that she's not bullying someone. Yeah, because she wants to bully someone like what she said earlier. She wants me to bully someone for her.

I scoffed at the thought. Why would I do that for her? If I bully someone, that someone will be her.