Bond Mates Chapter 38 - Precious Visions

Copyright © 2012 Kirsty Moseley

                                         Chapter 38 - Precious Visions 

I slumped down next to her and felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. She was clutching at her stomach, her face contorted into a mask of pain. The groan that left her lips made me panic as I had no idea what to do. “It’s okay, baby, it’s okay.”

She just groaned in response, her mouth moving as if to form words, but nothing other than a strangled gargle came out.

“Ryce, what do I do?” I screamed, grabbing the bottom of her shirt and pulling it up. The minute I did, I wished I hadn’t. The raggedy, gaping hole just to the right of her belly button, caused me to gag and a fresh roll of horror to wash over me. There was so much blood, it was pouring out, running down her sides and pooling onto the hard ground underneath her.

“Get her to the medics, now!” Ryce shouted urgently as he bent and reached out a tentative hand towards Eli’s neck, his gun still at the ready.

I nodded, moving forward, slipping my arms under her body. “Help’s coming, baby. Hang on in there,” I cooed. She screamed as I lifted her, obviously pulling on the wound because more blood gushed out, soaking into my clothes.

I ran full pelt back to the farmhouse, with my extra speed it didn’t take long. There were flashing lights everywhere, cop cars, ambulances, even a fire truck stood there at the ready in case it was needed. People were everywhere, some of the police I recognised from the search. Mostly they were leading people in handcuffs to the awaiting cop cars and vans.

My frantic gaze settled on a medic who I recognised from the labs, he knew us, he knew about the drug. He was just stepping out of the barn. “Help!” I screamed, running towards him, which made Tyler groan louder because of the movements. “Sorry, I’m so sorry,” I apologised.

The medic’s head turned in our direction, his eyes going wide as he looked at us. I’m guessing we looked like something out of a horror movie right now, all covered in blood and gore. He hesitated for a second before he ran over to meet me. “What happened?” he asked, immediately starting to check Tyler’s pulse.

“She was shot, it’s her stomach. The drug is in her system, she’s not healing. Please help her,” I begged.

He nodded, shouting to another medic to get supplies. I sat down on the cool dirt floor, keeping Tyler close to me as I looked down at her beautiful face, helplessly.

“Sean? Is that Tyler?”

I looked up to see Michael, the Chief of Police, looking at me sympathetically. I nodded weakly, not having the words to say right now.

He frowned, patting the medic on the back. “She’ll be fine, Sean, I’m sure of it,” he assured me. A crowd was starting to form now, everyone obviously wanting to get a glimpse of the girl that we came here to rescue. The medic signalled for me to lay Tyler on the floor as Michael waved his hands at the crowd. “Everyone back to work, give them some room,” he ordered.

“S-Sean?” Tyler whispered painfully. That was the first time I’d heard her talk in almost a week, the sound of my name on her lips again made my heart ache.

I looked down at her and smiled, trying to appear confident when in actual fact I was barely in control of my emotions. “Yeah, baby?”

“I want to die. Please, please just let me die,” she begged, clutching at her stomach, a pained expression on her face.

I shook my head, trying not to notice the blood that was everywhere, or the metallic smell of it. Her face was getting paler and paler by the second. She wasn’t healing at all because she had that stupid drug in her system. Based on the tests that Jeremy did on her, it took about four hours for her to burn it off; the air flow had only been cut off for about an hour, that wasn’t long enough for her to fight the drug. Could she survive long enough for her to start healing properly?