Bond Mates Chapter 33 - Captive

**** WARNING:  The next two chapters are kind of…. Dark…. And contain violence and suggested abuse!!!!****

Copyright © 2012 Kirsty Moseley

                                                          Chapter 33 - Captive

As I slowly started to wake the first thing I realised was that I hurt, a lot. Every muscle in my body felt stiff, especially my shoulders. I groaned, immediately wishing I hadn’t because it felt like someone had poured acid down my throat. Thirsty, I was so thirsty that my tongue felt like it was stuck to the roof of my mouth. I peeled my eyes open, wincing as the bright light made me squeeze them tightly together again.

“Sean?” I croaked, my voice coming out as a cracked whisper.

I tried to call him in my head but I couldn’t even feel him at all, the drug must still be in my system.

Keeping my eyes shut, I tried to move but I couldn’t. My hands were tied behind my back, the rope chaffed on my skin as I tried to pull my hands free, making my wrists burn. Whimpering, I waggled my fingers, trying to get the circulation back into them because they felt a little numb. I cracked my eyes open, looking through my eyelashes as the light was just too bright.

I was in a room, a room with concrete walls, kind of like a cell. There were no windows but the overhead light was blinding. I couldn’t see a door. As my eyes slowly adjusted to the light in the room, I glanced around; trying to work out where I was but I couldn’t see anything. The room was small, maybe only about eight foot square. There was no one else there, unless I couldn’t see them but there were no shadows or anything for them to hide in. I looked down at myself quickly, trying to assess the situation. I was tied to a chair metal chair that seemed to be bolted to the floor. My arms were secured behind my back, way too tight. Even if I could get my arms free they would probably be no use to me, my whole body felt weak and numb. My feet were tied to the legs of the chairs too. There was an IV pole next to me with a bag of clear liquid hanging from it. Was that going into me?

I fought against my bindings, only managing to make my skin sore before I felt the devastated tears flow down my cheeks. Sean was going to go crazy that I was gone. This was entirely my fault. Why had I left with Edward? Why had I not questioned going to another lab? Why had I taken a drink from him? The answer to all of those questions was simple, why would I suspect a seventy year old member of the council as plotting against us? He’d devoted his life to sitting on the council, fighting against the Organisation; I had no reason to suspect this could happen. I wouldn’t be that quick to trust anyone ever again - well, that’s if I made it out of here alive.

Why had I had no visions of this happening to me? Had the drugs somehow inhibited the visions, because the drugs were involved I couldn’t see this because they inhibited it all? It was all too confusing, my brain was fuzzy. How long had I been here? If the drug was still in my system then that meant that I had been here less than four hours, because it worked its way out of my system in four hours - unless, maybe I’d been here longer and it was in my system longer because I was given a bigger dose? How long would it be in my system for? How long would it be before I could contact Sean?

“Help!” I croaked, knowing it was useless, who was going to help me? I was God knows where, with God knows who. I was in deep trouble right now and I couldn’t even see a way out of the room.

A click of a lock from behind me made me jump in my chair and pull against the restraints some more. I looked around frantically, trying to turn but just succeeding in making pain shoot down my neck and shoulders from the effort. The door must have been directly behind me so I couldn’t see it. “Is someone there?” I whispered, twisting my hands this way and that, trying to get them free so I could at least defend myself. A slow trickle of warm liquid ran down my palm, dripping from my fingertip and I realised it was my blood. I’d been pulling on the ropes so much that it’d cut into my skin, but I didn’t stop trying to escape. I blocked out the pain as I wrenched on my restraints. “Is someone there? Can you help me? Please,” I begged, feeling the desperation wash over me as I realised it was hopeless. I wasn’t getting out of this room unless someone let me out, I couldn’t move an inch.