Bond Mates Chapter 36 Risky but worth it

Copyright © 2012 Kirsty Moseley

                                                   Chapter 36 - Risky, but worth it.

I took a deep breath as I zipped up the duffle bag containing a couple of days’ worth of clothes and food. My plans were made; I knew what I had to do. Billy had given me the address of his farm so I was to go there, get captured, wait for Byron Jefferson, and then kill everyone. It sounded so simple. But before that could happen, I had to look Edward in the eye and pretend like I didn’t want to tear his head off - that was the hard part.

Throwing my bag over my shoulder I headed out of the hotel room, slamming the door behind me. My rage and frustration was growing with every step that I took towards the labs where they were having yet another planning meeting about where they were going to search next.

Billy had convinced me that I wasn’t to tell Edward that I knew about him. According to him, Edward reported back to the organisation a couple of times a day on the progress of the search, and that if I was to kill him like I desperately wanted to, that the organisation would know something was wrong and that they could move on early. If they did that then Billy said that he wouldn’t get told where they were going. Apparently he was too low down in the organisation to be told things like that. Therefore, my best bet was to do what he was telling me, pretend everything was fine and go to his farm alone. It was slightly risky what with the airborne drugs he told me they had, but the plan was that he would help me once Byron got there.

The phone call had been yesterday, and he’d told me not to come until today - when he’d called me it had been early evening time so he’d convinced me to go for daytime so that Byron would get there quickly. I hated waiting; in fact, the wait had almost driven me insane. I’d spent most of the night pacing my hotel room in wolf form because I couldn’t calm myself down enough to shift back to my human body. Just knowing where she was, but not going to get her made me feel so guilty and angry at myself because it felt like I’d abandoned her of sorts. But in the long run, sticking to this plan would make her safer because I’d get to kill more of them rather than rushing in too quickly and missing the key players.

I made my way back to the labs, not really paying attention to the short walk or the people around me. Nothing registered in my brain apart from Tyler and what I had to do today.

As I stepped back into the lab building a few faces turned in my direction. Michael, the chief of police, was here. He’d been fairly active in the investigation because this stemmed from the organisation, and he always worked with the council when they were involved.

“Where have you been? We’ve been waiting to start,” Michael snapped.

I frowned and shook my head. “Waiting to start your talk? All you guys ever seem to do is fucking talk!” I growled angrily.

Charles looked at me strangely as he put his hand on my shoulder. “Sean, I know you’re frustrated, but don’t start taking it out on the people that are trying to help,” he said softly.

I shrugged his hand off. “Trying to help? From what I’ve seen in the last couple of days they’ve done shit all! There are about thirty farms to check, yet they’d rather sit in that stuffy little room and talk about it. Well I’m done talking!” I ranted.

From the corner of my eye I saw Edward step into the hallway from one of the meeting rooms. My body jerked, my hands shaking as my wolf was trying to force me to shift and tear him into little pieces. I gritted my teeth and tried not to do what I was envisioning in my head. I’d never had to fight my wolf so hard over anything and it was almost impossible not to give in.