Bond Mates Chapter 37 - The Showman Himself

Copyright © 2012 Kirsty Moseley

                                         Chapter 37 - The Showman Himself

I don’t know how long I was alone in my misery, but it didn’t get any easier. The sound of the tape continued to blast in my ears, my heart continued to break each time I heard her cry my name. I was going to kill everyone, every single person on that tape was going to die a slow painful death - but Eli, I’d definitely take my time with him. He needed to suffer for what he’d done. Tyler was already so broken; she’d already been through so much in her life that this now was just inhumane. I had no idea how she’d recover from this, maybe she wouldn’t.

The emotional pain of this situation was even worse than the physical pain that I was in from the beating - and that was saying something because the physical pain was enough to make me nauseous. My body was broken in many places, but my right leg hurt the worst. The air continued to be tainted by the drug so I couldn’t heal myself. It looked like I was doomed to suffer.

When the door clicked, my eyes snapped open. I expected it to be Eli, back to cause more damage or turn up the volume of the horrifying tape so that I had a mental breakdown or something. My lips pulled back into a snarl unintentionally as I tensed in the seat, pulling against my bindings.

Instead of Eli though, someone new entered the room. I hadn’t seen this guy yet. He was wearing a mask too as he closed the door behind him. “Please turn this off, please,” I begged unashamedly, looking anywhere but the TV screen and the tape that they obviously had on a continuous loop.

“No. You watch it,” he replied, stalking towards me. I groaned and closed my eyes, defeated. I stiffened when I felt a poke on my chest. I forced my eyes open again, looking up at the guy who had planted himself firmly in front of me. “I have water for you,” he stated casually, producing a bottle of water from his pocket.

“I don’t want it,” I grumbled, closing my eyes again.

Another poke to my chest had me growling in anger. Could this fucker not just leave me alone? I opened my mouth to shout at him, threaten to kill him, or maybe even just beg for his help, when I saw he was holding a piece of paper close to his chest. He nodded down at it discreetly. There was black scribbled handwriting on it, I recognised it as the same writing from the other note I’d received telling me to call the number and trust no one.

‘I’m Billy. Don’t acknowledge this at all, there is a hidden camera in the corner behind me. When I leave the room I’m going to cut the air flow in here. DO NOT make a move until Byron gets here, you’ll know when.’

“Drink it!” he ordered harshly, but at the same time he smiled apologetically, his eyes sympathetic as he looked at me through the plastic of his bulky gas mask. He obviously needed to keep up the act for the cameras.

I nodded in acknowledgement and opened my mouth as he shoved the note in his pocket and unscrewed the bottle top. I looked up at him gratefully. So this was Billy, the one that was going to help me out of this mess. I raked my eyes over his face, memorising his features so that I didn’t accidently kill him when the time came. He said that his brother, the one that I was to protect, looked a lot like him, so I’d need to be on the lookout for him too.

I gulped down the water as he tipped it into my mouth. I winced as it hurt my damaged throat and jaw as I swallowed the cool liquid. When most of it was gone he pulled the bottle away. “Now you just be a good little boy in here and this’ll all be over soon,” he said tightly.

“Where’s Tyler? Is she okay? Please, please tell me she’s okay,” I begged. Maybe he could get in to wherever she was and tell her that I was here, that I was here to help her. That wasn’t the plan though, that wasn’t what we worked out and I couldn’t exactly ask him to do that now because the cameras would see.