Chapter 15

Chapter 15

We had played 4 games already with the score tied up. This was the match that would prove who was ,no pun intended, top dog. The girls and I huddled up again making a game plan. We'd noticed certain guys liked to stick to certain spots.

Knowing where they'd most likely be I had the girls switch targets and get in position around that area. Leya would stay at the base while Brianna went after Lorcan. Leala would stick to her target but move towards the base by going along the side of the arena and come up behind them.

Erica was going after Warren who stuck more to the left back corner.Bridget was going after Lane ;he along with Sergio ventured out more and pretty much shot anyone he saw. I would surprise them by going straight forward to attack the front of the base.

All the other times we played I had two flanking members so going in alone and pretty much at their front door would throw them off. The buzzer rang again signifying the start of the last match. I gave the girls a nod. They each went off in the direction of their targets.

The way their shoulders were tensed along with the set of their eyes. It seemed more like they were stalking prey than playing a game of laser tag. I checked on Leya before setting off to the guys' doorstep.

Slowly I stalked towards my destination, keeping an eye out for any of the guys. I was about thirty feet away from their base when I sucked in my scent so it'd be harder for them to smell me. I could see the top of Ozzie's head peeking out from a shooting whole. Leala was on the right side of the base.

The intercom came on suddenly announcing the number of the player from the guy's team was out. "Crap. They got Lorcan." Rico hissed under his breath. I took a few steps forward to see if I could get a better shot on him. Right when I did the intercom came on again announcing the numbers of two players that'd been taken out. One from the guy's team and one from mine. I take it Erica and Warren shot each other at the same time.

A shot at Rico came into place. I was about to take the shot when I heard a scream. Leya's scream to be exact. I was about to see if she was alright when the intercom came back on announcing Sergio's number. Three down, three to go. I internally whooped at Leya's success.

Rico was out of range again ,by the time I returned my focus to him. Leala took the shot at Ozzie but missed. He turned around and smirked as he shot at her. Luckily she jumped out of the way before he could shoot her.

Rico stood up and got out of the cover of their base, followed by Ozzie. O heard large footfalls behind me. I knew it was Bri before she got to me. "The mice have come out to play." I whispered to her. She exhaled before running out into the open and shooting randomly. Ozzie came around the side and shot at her.

With him unprotected Leala moved in. Right as he turned around she took aim and shot. The intercom came on announcing Bri, Ozzie, and Leala out. I hadn't noticed Rico come over and take her out. With his back unguarded I shot him.

He span around as soon as his vest lit up. I stepped out of my hiding spot and smirked at him. He was about to say something when I heard something fly over me. Looking around I saw Bridget land about a foot away. She'd swung off the balance beam over head and rolled over the ridge.

With Bridget standing here that had to mean Lane wasn't far behind her. Lane and Lorcan were sharpshooters which made me weary. I whistled. "Find him and take him out." Although my voice was low , I know they would've been able to hear it.

"V he's by the box." Leya informed me. "Take up each side." I directed. We all moved to towards the box. Sure enough he was there. "Take him now."

The intercom sounded announcing Leya out. Followed by Lane. The intercom then announced our team had won. The girls all jumped around and did their happy dance which ended in 'ticking hand bomb'.