Chapter 30

We were heading to the plane. The time had come and I was not quite sure I was ready. The anticipation up to this point had been killing me, but now I felt hesitant and uneasy. On one hand I could possibly- hopefully- get my father back. If that went as planned then I may be able to get my mother back as well. On the other hand I could be wrong. I could get back one parent and not the other, or just get neither one back.

But, let's say that I did get both parents back. I know for a fact that my father was going to want to keep my brother, mother, Mina and I to himself for a while. He deserves that of course, but in that time I wouldn't be able to see my mate. That wouldn't be fair to me.

For the entirety of my knowing Rico I have not been able to give him the full mate experience.

I am not just talking about sex. That is a huge part, but it isn't the whole problem. I have not been able to tell him who I really am and let him get to know me for me. A glance to my left exposed the hunk of a man who always seems to be on my mind. His strong jaw held a five o'clock shadow even at o-five-hundred hours.

Someone forgot to shave this morning.

I have not been able to give him the ability to meet my family- other than my brother and aunt. There is just so much I wish I could tell him. So far, almost our entire relationship has been built off of lies and secrecy.

Lies that are coming from my part, well as far as I know at least.

Rico has secrets, I am sure. Who doesn't?

I am just scared that he will not be able to handle the truth once it gets out, once I tell him. I am just hoping that if he loves me as much as he says he does that he will still accept me. There is nothing I could do if he didn't. Honestly, if he did not accept me I couldn't blame him.

"Penny for your thoughts?" my mate asked.

"Too many thoughts for me to even begin to explain," I answered. He nodded his head while his hand slid down to the small of my back to guide me onto the plane. Even through the thin material of my shirt I could feel the tingles created by our bond. It is going to be hard to get used to this newer, more intense feeling.

"So are we going to talk about what happened last night?" I knew he would be curious and I couldn't help but want to avoid answering.

Now was not the time to be selfish and withhold more information from him. He deserves to know. I'll just have to tread carefully.

"Yes, but I think we should wait until after take off. Goddess knows how much this part affects us all." Wolves were not meant to fly. If we were we would have been given wings. Our human side accepts the change in stability better than the wild side. Our wolves tend to freak out. The anxiety we have all been feeling is not easily hidden.

Nina has been pacing back and forth nonstop for the last half hour. It is safe to say the other wolves are doing the same. Rico and I are the first passengers to board the plane. We are followed by my Knights and Cleo. Ozzie tried boarding as well, but Cleo stopped him.

Cleo was probably the best person to talk to Ozzie about why he was not coming. I did not get to hear what was said, but I imagine it involved something about Ozzie being a good beta to his pack and Leala being in good hands.

About five minutes later the pilot came over the intercom and announced that we would be taking off in a few minutes. We all took our seats and got strapped in. The tension in the air was high. I felt suffocated by the thought of being in an enclosed piece of aluminum flying through the air.

My wolf's pacing gave me an uneasy feeling. It felt like butterflies were rioting in my stomach. As the plane revved up and prepared for take off I lost my cool.