The Alphas Love Prologue

I couldn't believe it. I dropped the letter and let it float to the ground. I could already feel the tears streaming down my face. The shock was setting in I couldn't breathe, couldn't move. How are mom and Zakkur gonna take this?

I was still standing there quietly sobbing when Zakkur came into the room with mom close by his side.

"Valentina, did you get the door like I asked?" I didn't answer her. "Valyn. Honey, what's wrong?" My mom asked her voice coated with worry. She put her hand on my shoulder. I winced. My voice just wasn't strong enough to answer her. Zakkur bent down and picked up the letter.

"It's from dad's unit," he said. Mom quickly snatched the letter out of his hands and started reading it.

She put her hand over her mouth as she read further. Tears spilled out of her eyes. She backed against the wall and slowly slid down.

"No. Oh Goddess no. Please no," she sobbed. Zakkur was by her side instantly trying to help her.

"Auntie Mina! Auntie Mina come quick there's something wrong with Momma and Valyn!" he yelled. I heard footsteps running towards the living room, but I was too numb to look up.

"What is it? What's wrong?" My aunt Mina asked. Her eyes scanned over us and landed on the letter. She pulled the letter away from my mother.

"Charissa. It's going to be ok." She cradled my mom in her arms trying to comfort her. I was bent over on the ground with my head in my hands.

He was missing. He was supposed to come home to us next month but he's not coming now. My dad's in the Special Forces in the Army. That stupid letter. Why? Why did he have to go missing?

George came in to the room.

"Whats up with the crying fest? Who died?" That jackass. Mina gave him a hard look. Then she handed him the letter and he read it aloud.

"Dear Lupin Family, we regretfully inform you that Shakil Lupin of the Special Forces has gone M.I.A. and presumed dead. If any further information..." George trailed off.

3 years later

We had just been getting ice-cream after my little brother's game when the semi-truck collided with the front of our car.

We made it out alive with several broken bones and fractures. There was something far worse than the pain of our injuries left in the aftermath. My mother slipped into a coma. Not from her injuries, but from the loss of her mate.

Our family slowly started to break away after a few months of her showing not signs of waking up. It really tore my little bother to pieces. He had been so close to my mother, being her youngest, that he just could not handle her absence. My aunt Mina decided that she would try to take his mind off it with an information hunt.

With my aunt and brother about to start traveling the world I just needed to get away and clear my head for a while. So I went to the park. That was my first mistake.

"Hi my name is Izaiyah. I saw you sitting over here and you looked sad. It made me wonder why such a beautiful girl like yourself would be sad." I had been at the park sitting on top of the little grassy hill where we all used to come every other Sunday. I didn't answer. He cleared his throat.

"Okay, well if you need or want someone to talk to I'll be right here." Then he took a seat about three feet away from me. He stayed there for about thirty minutes. Then he started mumbling something under his breath.

I looked over to him. He seemed to be zoned out. My wolf was too busy being depressed to try and help me hear what it was.

I let out a huff of air. "My name is Valyn," he looked up and grinned. Then he extended his hand.

"It's nice to meet you Valyn." I shook his extended hand. As soon as I touched his hand I felt a wave of warmth run through me. I felt suddenly as if I could trust him. He smiled at me with blue green eyes. The captivating colors seemed to swirl together.

I started off by telling him that my father went missing in war a few years back and that my mother had been in a coma for two months. He listened and gave me good advice like to keep the faith and other sweet things.

I was starting to like him.

It was getting dark and Mina would want to see me before her and Zakkur left to get input and learn from other packs around the world in the morning. They would probably be gone for at least a year maybe a bit more.

I would stay here and do the same stuff as always. George, Mina's husband, would stay to take care of me. Not that I really needed him to, but he still had to work and I apparently needed an adult caretaker.

Legally the house was mine and Zakkur's since our parents gave it to us as part of our inheritance. When I turn 16 next month I also inherit the pack since I have alpha blood.

I, unlike most wolves, shifted three days after my 15 birthday. Most wolves shift around their 16 birthdays. I already do most of my alpha duties now, but I'm still not in full control and I am supposed to do my alpha training.

My dad said that he was going to tell us something important when he came back home but he clearly never got around to it. I thought it might have been an explanation as to why I could do the things I could and whatever he had been hiding from me.

There was a crest on a box along with the initials K.J.L. I'd asked him about it before but he never told me. I've seen the same crest before on several different things in the house. Most of them were mine.

He never told me about that either but it was probably part of that explanation he was going to give. The one I might never hear.

When Mina and Zakkur left I started seeing Izaiyah more often. We ended up dating about a month later. I feel like I had forgotten something, like there was something missing. But I just could not remember. I wondered if it would ever come back to me.

2 years later

I just got a postcard from Zakkur and Mina. They say they're in Portugal and should be home in about a month. I can't wait until they return. I have not seen either one of them in person since they left.

We video chatted and sent pictures back and forth whenever possible but that is pretty much it. I really miss them. Phone calls; letters; postcards; all that is just not cutting it anymore. They've already been to every continent and 97 countries. I mean there's only 99 left!

When they return they should be back just in time to see me officially graduate high school.

Zakkur is 15 now which means I've missed a lot. I bet he's grown up so much. I wonder what it's going to be like when they are finally home.

I put down the postcard and jumped into my pajamas.

Tomorrow is Friday and I know that the girls will be wanting to go to the mall. Let's hope the day goes by fast. I set my alarm, turned off the lamp ,and went to sleep.

© All rights reserved

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ A/N
How was it???

I know it's not too eventful but it gets better. Just bare with me. Thanks for reading. Vote. Comment. Fan if u want. Ask me questions via inbox.