Chapter 32

Here it is. WARNING: There are some violence and sexual content in this chapter. Thank you for reading my story. Please do not forget to vote and comment. Enjoy...

I growled loudly in frustration. I was visibly shaking as I paced between three trees. My nails were extending into claws and my teeth were elongating.

"Valyn!" I ignored whoever was shouting my name. My brain was so clouded I could not tell whether the voice belonged to a male or female.

The trees began to sway as the wind picked up. My hair began to fly every which way.

'This is bullshit! We should have been able to find some trace of him by now!' I screamed at Nina.

'I agree, but we should just keep looking,' Nina stated. 'This pacing you are doing is driving me insane, and I want out. My senses are sharper than yours, so I would probably be more help than you.'

'I really wish I could let you out, but since we don't know what is out here or who, rather, letting you out is not a risk we can take. Plus Rico is here. With our bond being the way it is, he would find you within minutes of the shift occurring. When we find Dad I will let you out. I promise.' I felt really bad for keeping her locked inside, but there was not anything I could do to help her.

I shifted the night of the release ceremony, but that had been five days ago. I ran through the woods behind my house for a solid thirty minutes before I could hear someone else coming through the forest. Nina's superior senses caught the scent of Rico before he came into eyeshot.

I shifted back and found myself at the disadvantage of being completely nude whilst my mate was on the prowl. I had hidden behind a large pine tree to shelter my body from his curious eyes.

That night seemed like forever ago now.

"Valyn, I can smell you. You might as well come out now. I will find you," my mate warned.

"I think I will stay right where I am. Seeing me in a towel is different from seeing me in the buff." My mate growled in approval at the thought of him finding me. "You should have one of the girls bring me some clothes."

His voice was much closer when he spoke about it being fun finding me in my current state. As he described the things he planned to do when he found me I found myself glued to the spot in desire. My legs clenched together and my breath became labored. Gooseflesh appeared on my skin the moment I sensed Rico's close proximity.

I somehow managed to speak although my voice trembled. "My pack mates will be arriving any moment. I don't think you want them to see me like this; right, babe?"

A low growl sounded, making the forest tremor. The next thing I know there is a shirt flying through the air on the right side of the tree I'm hiding behind. I snatch it out of the air without hesitation and throw it over my head. No sooner had I put my hands through the sleeves, Rico stepped around the tree–landing right in front of me.

My heart fluttered as he pinned me against the tree with his body. His hands gripped my waist and held me firmly against the tree's trunk. My eyes slowly slid up my mate's bare, muscled chest and up to his handsome face. I couldn't help but hesitate on his lips. As my tongue glided across my lip I looked my mate in the eye to see him watching the movement of my tongue. Without thinking, I bit my lip causing Rico to growl and pull me into him. Our eyes connected, reflecting the other's desire.

I hadn't noticed Rico moving closer to me until his bottom lip brushed against mine in a teasing manner. I couldn't take it anymore. My teeth caught his lip and gently tugged him closer to me. Our lips then meshed together in a passionate tango. His hands slowly snaked up my body before once again returning to my waist. Once there he squeezed. At some point, I managed to jump up and wrap my legs around his hips while my arms wrapped around his neck.