Chapter 31

Happy Holidays!!! I have a little author's note pertaining to updates at the end. Read if you would like.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were all laying in the plush green grass catching our breath and settling our wolves. The flight took a lot out of us.

That was my first time flying. I do not know how Mina and Zakkur have adjusted to it so well. That is not an experience I favor.

Flying as an elemental is very, very different from flying as a passenger on an airplane. The difference may be in the control I have when flying as an elemental versus just being a passenger at the mercy of the pilot and machinery. No matter, I do not like flying in an airplane.

Rico and I were sprawled out side by side in the grass. The others were in less than a five-foot radius of us. I thought we were going to die when we hit a patch of turbulence on our descent. Thankfully we did not die.

"So this Bane character," Rico began," what is he like?" I could hear the distrust and caution in his voice. I turned to look at him before answering.

"Well, Bane is good at his job. From the years I have known him, it is safe to say that he is funny and protective of those he holds dear," I replied.

"Don't forget big. That boy is huge!" Bridget added.

"Oh yeah! He is massive. So is his dad. I have never seen anyone bigger than them in my life." Rico growled at my response. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

What did I say?

"What is your issue?" I asked my mate. It was then that I received a tap on my right leg.

It was Cleo. He gave me an idea as to what might have been wrong with what I said. A blush crept across my cheeks as Bridget and mine's words registered in the light Cleo had shed.

"Oh my gosh! I didn't mean it in that way. I meant Bane and his father are extremely tall!"

"Yeah, they are like skyscrapers," Bridget chinned in.

Rico mumbled something under his breath that sounded like "yeah, that better have been what you meant".

I scooted myself up through the grass to get eye level with my mate. There was a grumpy pout on his face. Although it looked cute on him, I wanted it gone. No grumpiness today. I placed a small kiss at the corner of my mate's mouth which caused him to smile and turn his face. His lips caught mine and danced with mine in a reconciliation kiss.

Rico broke the kiss and flipped over top of me in a protective way while growling in the direction of a group of large moving figures hanging from the earth. I turned my head a bit to see that it was a group of people. More specifically, Bane and what I'm guessing are some other guards in his platoon.

"I think we should probably get going before you two start another game of tonsil hockey," a deep voice laughed.

"Well hello to you too, Bane" I chuffed. Rico seemed to relax ever so slightly at this. Bridget, Brianna, and the twins were rolling around on the ground with laughter. Once I noticed Rico still on top of me I whispered for him to get off.

He stood up and squared his shoulders before extending his hand to help me up. Once on my feet, I dusted the grass off my clothes. I smiled and walked over to Bane giving him a hug. I could tell my mate truly did not like that but he said nothing about it. Rico walked up to Bane and stuck his hand out for a handshake. "Rico Dixon, Alpha of the Midnight-lobos, nice to meet you," my mate said.

"Bane Hellfire, Commander of Security for the royal family, nice to meet you as well. It seems your move to Greystone was successful." Bane laughed. Rico shot a glance my way and smiled.