Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I began growling menacingly. He returned the growl while putting the little girl on his back. "Hey you two stop. NOW!" Valyn shouted. I felt compelled to do as she said. I looked into her eyes accusingly. "It's not what you think." She turned again."Carla will you please come here... Now." I heard more footsteps.

Then a woman in a yellow summer dress matching the little girl's appeared. Carla took the little girl from the man's back. "What is it Valyn? What's wrong?" she pointed at me."Who's this?" Valyn let out a sigh.

She muttered under her breath. "And for the second time today with the misunderstandings." she pointed to the man, woman, and little girl. "Rico this is my cousin Carla, her mate Charles, and THEIR daughter Charlotte." I pieced everything together. "Carla and Charles this is my new found mate Rico Dixon, Alpha of the Midnight-lobos." Their faces held just about as much shock as mine. They bowed their heads in respect.

"Please come in. I don't want anymore rough starts and intros." I came in closing the door behind me. As I took in my surroundings I noticed we were standing in a foyer that led off to two rooms and a hallway.

We went through the larger archway on the left. The room was large with: couches, armchairs, a big flat screen, and a speaker with surround sound.

The room ,I'm guessing was the living room, was perfectly decorated. Perfectly color schemed, matching furnishings, and accessories. Valyn's cousin and her mate had taken their seats in a couch fit for three. Valyn sat in a love seat diagonal from them. She motioned me over and I sat beside her. We were close enough that I could feel the warmth of her body.

I wanted to be closer. She glanced over at me out of the corner of her eye. I winked at her, making her dimples show. "I'd like to apologize for the way I behaved a minute ago. I thought..." I just let the sentence hang hoping they'd understand.

"It's ok. I would've done the same if I was in your situation," Charles said. I nodded.

"Well how long have you two been mates, since this is the first I've heard of it." Carla questioned looking between us. I smirked and grabbed Valyn's waist taking her by surprise when I brought her into my lap.

"Two days." I said kissing her on the cheek.

"Oh wow. Well I hope you two have a happy future together," Carla smiled.

"Thanks," Valyn replied in a soft tone.

"What's the deal? You two look very much alike. Sure you're not sisters?" They laughed.

"Yeah. Pretty sure." Valyn said. Then she looked up at the clock. "Hey Carla it's about that time." About what time?

"Do you need any help?" The woman asked.

"No. Leala should be coming pretty soon, and it's not that hard."

"Not that hard. Girl your crazy! That sounds pretty challenging to me," I'm feeling so lost right now. Charles had the same confused look on his face too.

Valyn's Pov

The guys had no idea we were talking about. While Charles got something to drink I told Carla about the meeting. She is one of the few who know about the real me: me being the Luna Princess in the prophecy and my elemental powers. I tapped on Rico's hands to get him to let me stand up. The doorbell rang as soon as I did.

'Come in' I mind linked Leala knowing it was her. She walked in the room

"Hey! Carla? Is that you?"

"You know it. Man you've grown up on me Leala." They laughed. Once Leala saw Rico she growled. Rico's hands went around my waist as he stood up growling back. I pushed Rico's arms back and stood with my arms crossed by the lamp table.