17

Jace's pov

What have I done? I cant get Clary back. She loves Jake. This is so not over. I will get Clary back no matter what. Jake has no idea what he has gotten himself into.

I was walking down the hall of the institute when I heard a scream. It was a female scream. Oh no. It was Clary's scream. I ran to her room and burst threw the doors. I saw someone on top of Clary, holding a knife to her neck. I lunged at the person. He was caught off gard. I was on top of him holding him down. I looked to see who it was. It was.............. Sebastian?

I took out a knife and threw it against his neck. He disappeared before the knife reached him. I let out a curse. I then ran over to Clary. She looked fine, except from a few scratches. She was curled up in a ball, sobbing.

"Are you okay" I asked

She shook her head.

"Where is Jake?"

"That was Jake!!!!" she shouted

I then realized what had happened. Sebastian had made himself look like a warlock named Jake. But really he was just Sebastian. That guy just wont leave Clary alone.

I gathered Clary into my arms and comforted her.

"I TOLD HIM I LOVED HIM!!" she shouted.

I feel sorry for her. I mean who would want to hurt her like that. Oh, I hurt her like that. Im a horrible person. I can't believe I chose Ashley over her.

Clary's pov

I cant believe I was in love with Sebastian. Please excuse me while I throw up. Ewwwww I kissed my own brother.

I realized that I was in Jace's arms. I jumped out of his grasp. He looked forlorn.

"I love you Clary" he said

"I'm sorry Jace, I dont trust anybody right now. At least I dont trust anyone with my heart right now. But, we can be friends."

He smiled a small smile.

"Thats all I ask"

I gave him a friendly hug and went to find a stele to heal my wounds.