7

"Max?" I asked

"Yes it is me" he answered, he sounded monotoned.

Oh no, this wasn't the real Max, it was a shape shifting demon. I lunged at it, my blade pierced its skin. It screamed in pain, it then vanished into thin air. I ran outside where everyone was waiting.

"We can't stay here" I said

"Why not?" Asked Mangus

"Because I found a demon inside"

"A demon? In an institute?" He exclaimed

I nodded

Clary took out her stele and made another portal. She jumped in, we jumped in after her. She hasn't really talked since the whole Randy thing. We landed in what looked like to be Italy. I ran to catch up to Clary.

"You okay?" I asked her

She just nodded. I didn't believe her. Mangus led us to another institute. It was beautiful. It's windows were glass, but the glass had pictures of demons. We walked into the building. Mangus yelled something in Italian. Two old people came and met us. They talked for a while, I didn't understand what they were saying. I didn't know Italian very well. Mangus turned back to us.

"We are staying here"

We all nodded and found rooms for us to stay in. It was late so we all went straight to sleep.

I heard my door opening so I woke up and Clary was standing in the doorway. She had a tank top and pajama shorts on. Her hair was in a messy bun.

"Jace?" She asked

"Yeah?"

"I had a bad dream"

"C'mere"

She walked up and climbed into my bed. I wrapped my arms around her to let her know she was safe. She didn't resist.

Clary's pov

I couldn't sleep, not even next to Jace. Randy kept popping into my mind. I can't believe he hurt me. When I thought Jace was asleep I sat up. I looked at him.

"Jace, I have never stopped loving you, you will always be my love, I love you, I will love you forever. Don't ever forget that. I just wish I had the guts to tell you when you are awake. I don't though. You are my whole world. When I was dating Randy it never felt like how it was when we were together. There was no love between me and him. I love you."

I leaned down a planted a soft kiss on his lips, trying not to wake him. He wrapped his arm around my waist deeping the kiss. We moved in sync. I pulled back and stared straight into his eyes.

"I love you" I said

He smiled the most perfect smile I have ever seen.

"I love you too"