...

You were cold.

The eternity that stretched out before you was sunless and black. There was no heat, and the darkness sucked what little body heat you produced from your skin. It's not like it mattered though, you were dead after all. Being dead was of course the most logical explanation for everything that was happening. But if you really were dead, then why could you feel temperature, and see the unending blackness of the static space you occupied?

Why were you breathing? Why were you cold?

Alone is a state of being, lonely is a state of mind. And you were both. There was no way to know how long you had been dead, if that was what you were. There was no ticking of a clock to clue you into seconds, minutes, or even hours. Death was not in Samael's domain after all. All you knew was that you were stuck, and that you had been stuck for some time now.

All of a sudden your reality began to shift and shake, and the suffocating silence was broken by a deep earthly groan. The shadows congealed around you, twisting and churning and attempting to take form. They became a mass then took human form barely visible in the darkness. The humanoid blinked then revealed piercing red eyes.

"Hello darling," the creature sneered.

You tried to speak, but the words were squashed by the terror welling up in your throat. All of the nightmares you had ever had came crashing down on your conscience.

The creature extended a smokey hand to you, a dark  finger nail grazing your cheek. You smelled soot. The cut burned and bled. Your salty tears irritating it. The plasma slid down your cheek, and the creature caught it in the hollow of their palm.

"Look at it child..." you felt your gaze snap to their hand. "Look at what you bleed."

You saw pure energy in its liquid form swirling around in their hand. The liquid was bright white, so white that it was blinding. The creature brought it to their lips, then drank. They smiled and revealed a horrifying mouth of needles. You looked away for fear of passing out.

"Darling look at me," you did and were sorry for it. The monsters grin stretched eerily wide. "I can't wait to devour you," and in an a moment you were nose to nose with what you could only describe as a demon. All the demons you knew of took a recognizable human/animal form. They were chronicled and thoroughly studied by exorcists. But this, this was a demon so old and ancient that you knew that no exorcist alive could name it. Probably for the best, you had no idea what peril uttering it's name would bring.

You felt something slimy and wet graze your neck, and were unable to shudder because you were paralyzed with fear.

"You taste lovely, sweet like candy." An image of Amaimon flashed in your mind and disgust bloomed in your stomach.

"Goodbye for now... child."

The demon disappeared.

You had never felt so hopeless in your life.

...............................................................

Amaimon paced the wooden floors of his brother's office.

"I do wish you would stop that, Amaimon... it's bad for the finishing." Samael drawled from his desk. "I just had them waxed too..." He murmured that last part more to himself than anyone else.

Amaimon paid him no mind and instead dug his feet even harder into the freshly waxed paneling. This continues for about a minute more until his brother rose from his seat and grabbed him by the collar of his coat.