Continue to Grow

A/N: I typed this in a church and I have never been prouder of myself .

Your eyes were currently glazed over as you stated off into space. You had been thoroughly confused with the events of the last hour, so as you sat in the Tokyo branch of Knight of The True Cross you stared unblinking at a surprisingly interesting spot on the wall.

You brain was a complete fuzz like a tv turned to static, or a clock that just struck 13. The only thing that you had picked up from the conversation that Mephisto had had with his apparent brother was that there were demon kings at the school, and there was more than one.

Even though you had just become an exwire you had a basic knowledge of demons. As far as you were concerned demon kings were big uh oh. You were trying to recall the names of them when you heard Mephisto.

"Splendid," he said and made to leave. You gathered yourself and prepared to leave the cramped office. You walked down the hall following his coat tails. You pulled the book about demons out of your backpack.

You flipped to the page on coal tars. according to the book they were harmless, but according to the screams rising from the city that was not the case.

You flipped to the page on demon kings, reading the names you pondered each of them. They were placed in birth order. According to Mephisto. You would be meeting Astaroth king of rot.
You were about to continue reading when Mephisto started talking into his cellphone.

" The plan is that I will come and fix the magical seal so you can get in." Mephisto paused before continuing on. "A team of senior exorcists will escort you through the city. Then you will deal with each group of coal tars."

You heard a garbled laugh from the other end of the phone. "You have a COAL TAR PROBLEM." The voice said in between chuckles.

Mephistos face was priceless,if you had a camera you would snapshot it. He looked like he was ready to hang up.

"GET YOUR PINK HAIRED BEHIND OVER HERE BEFORE I KICK YOU TO GEHHENA AND BACK."

"I'm already in Gehhena genius." Said the voice on the phone, and it clicked off.

You stared at Mephisto who was livid.
You both sat on a bench that was not completely covered in coal tars and awaited Astaroths arrival.
................................................................
After a few minutes you were greeted with a horde of exorcists escorting a scruffy pink haired man through the city street.

"Hands off the merchandise." Yelled the man as he swatted an exorcists hands away. It was the same voice from on the phone. Mephisto looked up from his reading and smirked.

"Our guest of honor has arrived." Said Mephisto getting up from the bench and beckoning you to follow. You walked a couple paces behind him and examined the man from afar. He was currently transfixed on Mephisto.

"Oh brother you really let yourself go." he said eyeing Mephistos outfit. One of the exorcists fought back a snicker. " you guys really do have a problem," he continued ignoring Mephistos death glare.

"Yes we do, any idea why?" Said Mephisto who looked like he was considering strangling the man.

"No clue," said Astaroth adjusting his pink hair. He smiled and turned his attention to you." Who's the lovely lady."

"Oh this is the lovely lady you will be apologizing to."

"Why?" He said ignoring the crowed of exorcists around him.

"Because your kin tried to hurt her and I happen to care about her safety."

'Where did that come from,' you thought to yourself.