Roots

A/N this chapter dips into f/n's past.

The small girl laughed and ran circles around her father.

"Daddy," she called with her voice high and sweet."are you going off to fight imaginary creatures again?"

"Yes sweetheart, although there're not imaginary."

"Oh daddy you're so silly," she would say and her father would leave. This was their daily routine. It went on long until the day that it suddenly ceased. Just like that it stopped.

It was a stormy day and f/n l/n's father was heading out for a mission.

"Dad, are you going to hunt demons again?" Said f/n, by this age she had figured out that her father was an exorcist.

"Yes my dear, don't worry I'll be back soon."

"Ok, said f/n, for the first time in a while she was worried about her dad. She just couldn't shake the uncomfortable feeling in her stomach.
................................................................
Mr. l/n walked out into the storm. He hated the weather but he needed to check out reports about a powerful presence guarding the forest. He had suspected demon activity so the Vatican had ordered him and a small squad to check it out. He met his squad at the edge of the wood and they trudged into the thick flora.

The air grew heavy as they stepped over branches and leaves. They finally reached a clearing and the air was thick with fear.

"This is something big," said Mr. l/n
As he pulled a tamer circle out of his pocket. The ground shook...

Thump...

Thump...

Thump...

Before the group of exorcists stood a massive hobgoblin, next to the beast walked out a pale boy. He couldn't have been more than 16. The exorcists relaxed all except for f/n's father.

"What do you want, demon" he boomed at the boy. The boy grinned. He was certainly strange his hair ended with a green spike on top of his head. and his clothes were creative to say the least. Even though he looked like a child his presence was a physical weight on the exorcists.

"Leave now," he growled at the exorcists. The humans trembled with fear as he spoke. At this moment f/n's father knew his name.

Amaimon.

"Its a king!" yelled the trembling man. The exorcists stood their ground. They were foolish to think they could take on a demon king by themselves. The ground shook as the exorcists opened fire. The bullets bounced off the boy, his emotionless mask never fading. He spoke three words.

"Behemoth, kill them." The hobgoblin growled and charged.

Mr. l/n's vision faded.
Everything went black.
................................................................
The news reached your mother by morning. She ran out of the door leaving you shaking in your home.

She never came back.
You were the only guest at his funeral.

Shortly after you moved into a kind neighbors house and lived their until another arrangement could be made.

Ever since that day you didn't speak unless spoken to. soon you needed to write down notes to yourself just to get through your day. You cried yourself to sleep every night.

These are your roots, let them never be unearthed.