Death

Egyn and Iblis had gotten past the guards at the door and were looking around for anymore before they let Mephisto and Amaimon in the building.

They shuffled up many flights of stairs and searched every hallway. However every path they turned down was a dead end, and they forced to go back the way they came. Their footsteps echoed against the unnaturally silent hallways...

Something wasn't right.

After about an hour of searching they were forced to return defeated, back to the front door before they got even more lost.

"This place is like a maze," Iblis commented looking at his feet.

"It is because I designed it that way." A cold monotone voice rang out. A shiver went down The King of Fires back. A voice like that could only belong to a demon.

"Are you cold?" Egyn chuckled. "That's ironic."

"You didn't hear that?" Iblis hissed back at his brother.

"Hear what?

"I think I'm going crazy," he mussed to himself .

"You're not crazy, I'm here." The voice was mocking him now, another shiver traveled down Iblis' back.

"Honestly what is wrong with you?" Egyn sounded a little concerned this time.

"It's nothing." Iblis assured putting a hand to his temple. "Let's just leave."

"Oh, am I nothing." It gave a cold unnerving chuckle.

"Egyn lets go." The words were more of a command as they slipped past the King of Fires lips.

"Don't order me around!" Egyn glared.

"Please!" Shouted Iblis.

"Wow I don't think I've ever heard you use that word before."

"I actually hate you."

Egyn walked over to the heavy door at the entrance of the building. He set his palm against it and pushed watching the door slowly begin to swing open. As the door opened the wind inside the building seemed to pick up, which is impossible because wind can't blow ins...

Egyn was startled out of his thoughts by a shrill scream which could only have come from his brother. He whipped around and Iblis was nowhere to be found. Just an empty spot and an echo of terror.

And for once in his thousands of years of Egyn ran for his life.

"Samael!" He shouted up at his brother when he reached the spot that Mephisto's floating chair hovered above.

"Egyn!? What are you doing outside?" Mephisto was kind of counting on him to be inside and holding off the guards.

"There's something bad in there.... It's not human I've never felt a demon like it before, it got Iblis!" Egyn was frantic now, if something could take out the King of Fire than it probably could take out most of the rest of them with no problem. Iblis was rash and fought without reason making him a dangerous opponent, so watching him disappear like that didn't do anything to boost Egyn's already wavering morale.

Mephisto raised his hand to his chin and scratched it, like he was thinking. However Egyn knew better, Samael was always two steps ahead of the rest of them.

"I bet if Father was here we wouldn't have this problem." He was grinning now, like he knew something Egyn didn't, which he probably did.

"Well that would be great but he obviously can't be here... Right?" Egyn was doubtful.

"No he can't, but someone close can be." Amaimon had caught on to whatever Mephisto's plan was.

"I'm still very lost here?" All of this was quickly confusing the King of Water.

"Remember our other little brother?" Mephisto chimed in.

"You don't mean." Egyn raised an eyebrow.

"Oh but I do."

"You can't be serious Sammy, this is ridiculous even for you." Egyn was very much against this idea, because anywhere there's fire he's always the one to get burned.

"And I think I'll have you go fetch him for me."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Oh but I would."

.......................................................................

True Cross Academy was a nice place, Shura couldn't argue with that. However nice it was though it was still a target. A big old honking demon target right in the open. That's why the whole thing was covered with barriers that the clown put up.

Currently she was lounging in said clowns office feet up on the desk. Why he left her in charge was a mystery to her and those under her.  She took her job in stride ordering people around whenever the need arose to screw with someone. A few minutes ago she had just sent a group of second class exorcists to find a mysterious fog demon, there was no fog, nor was there a demon. What it was, was a wild goose chase.

Nothing really eventful had happened at True Cross, she had trained Rin, drew mustaches on the clowns portraits, found his creepy younger brothers room, vandalized that too. She was really missing the excitement of doing field work. In short Shura was bored.

Egyn arrived outside the Western barrier of True Cross Academy with a crack. He was extremely against this idea. It seemed that everything his brothers did was to torment him.

The barrier was strong he couldn't deny it. Then again Lucifer had taken all of them down at once so it couldn't be that strong.

Fifteen minutes later Egyn was even more singed than he was before, soot in his hair, soot on his clothes, soot in crevasses soot should never be.

He had taken down the western barrier and with it went his dignity.

Rin Okumura and Yukio Okumura were in their dorm when a tremendous crash resonated through the whole city. Instantly Yukio's walkie talkie sprung to life. 

The talking was frantic on the other side, Rin caught little tidbits of the conversation that Yukio was having with who he assumed was a superior.

Eventually Yukio turned to Rin and his face was grave.
"Stay here." He said voice like ice.

"What! Why? What happened?" Asked Rin curiosity piqued with fear.

"Something brought down one of the barriers, demons are pouring in."

"But Mephisto put those up, they're extremely strong." Rin remembered when they talked in class about the barriers that surrounded True Cross. Something very powerful would have trouble breaking through.

That something very powerful was currently stumbling through the streets trying to find the dorm that Samael described.

"This whole town is like a maze Jesus Christ." Egyn was pissed, he was 500% sure that Sammy had designed it like that just to screw with people. He was closing in on the dorm when he noticed it had a barrier around it too.

"You have got to be kidding me."

Everything eventually dies.