Begining of the End

Black smoke, vile and choking, made of everything retched on the earthly plane, and everything festering beneath it.
..................................................................
Thousands of years ago, before the day-walkers graced the earth, there was Gehenna, the mirror dimension. It was filled with demons who answered only to their king. Gehenna was overseen by a monarchy, as no other system could possibly do Hell justice. The kingdom was divided into 9 radiating districts, the circles of Hell. Each one lorded over by a prince... kind of. The princes gave Gehenna what it did not have, earth, fire, water, rot, insects, spirits, time, and most importantly light.

The inner circle is occupied by Satan, and if he is to get his way, the twin princes. The remaining circles' rulers depend on age, how long each prince has seen suffering. Beginning with Lucifer, light. Ending with Amaimon, earth.

A king is not complete without his court, and neither was Satan. When he was still young, his closest advisor was a demon of shadow, the only one of her kind. They were best friends, if  demons could make them... maybe even something more. Nowadays each demon is born underneath the domain of a prince. But back then there didn't need to be a prince of darkness, because Gehenna was a dimension of shadow, and no prince could create anything to rival the endless void.

After a millennia of working under Satan the demon grew tired, she wanted power. She wreaked havoc on Gehenna, then destroyed herself.

Or so it was said.
..........................................................
The acrid smell of burning filled the air, the boy crumbled to his knees. The smoke blurred his vision and the room became blacker than night, he choked and brought a hand to his face, protecting his lungs.

"You failed me once, this is your chance to redeem yourself. Do you understand your task?"

He nodded into the blackness, his hand was wrenched from his mouth. A finger pressed into his forehead searing a dark burn into the skin.

"Speak when I address you!"  A sharp kick to the boy's stomach bent him to the floor.

"Yes I understand, she will be dead by the morning." He muttered, out of breath. Slowly, the boy's face broke into a grin, "I will not fail you again"

"Bring me her soul." The boys eyes widened.

"Alright" He said.

"Very good, do not make me intervene again." Red eyes watched with malice.

The boy set off into the night, summoning circle in his shaking hands.

When he started all of this, he never thought he would have to kill someone. His friend had given him the summoning circle and told him it was fun. He had always been interested in the other side but hesitated at first. The friend pressured him further, naively he decided to try to summon something. His mother sent him to camp, which gave him the perfect opportunity to make

At camp he met a girl, and trusted her with his secret, but something went wrong. Now he was being forced to submit to the shadows. He didn't really want to kill her but he didn't want to die either, he hoped someone would step in before he actually did it. What frightened him even more was that he knew that the boy who was with her at camp was a demon, and he also knew that after killing her, not even eternal damnation could save him.

.............................................................................

Your bed was cold and you tossed and turned. 'Why am I freezing?' You thought to yourself. The heater whirred in the background and all of the windows were closed, save for one. You needed some air circulation. Your eyes blinked in the darkness, the moonlight that was  filtering in from outside did little for visibility. In the corner of the room the lily stood tall and you felt peace when you looked at it.