White Lily

"I missed you, so much." You tensed in the mystery persons grasp, and slowly removed his arms.

"Thank you for catching me...?" You left a space at the end of your sentence hoping for someone to fill you in on his name.

"It's me... please tell me f/n you didn't forget me too?"

You looked him straight in the eyes. "Who are you?" It was cruel if you to phrase it like that, but you honestly had no idea. It became obvious that you shouldn't have asked because the hurt in his eyes was evident.

"Amaimon, don't be so hard on her, she's still recovering." The voice came from the throne in the distance, whoever was in it was shrouded in shadow but his voice chilled you.

Satan stepped into the light grinning, "f/n, I am so happy to hear of your speedy recovery" Your guard went up and you stepped back into Mephisto.

"f/n you're ok, he wont hurt you." Said the purple haired demon, but it was too late you were already panicking.

"Father I am sorry, we will have to move this conversation to a later date she is not fully recovered." Your world was spinning and you suddenly felt very weak.

"Eins..."

"Zwei..."

"Drei."

Snap.

It felt like you were being ripped from your body. It didn't hurt, but it was nauseating and if you hadn't already been floating, you would have been knocked off your feet. Suspended in time and space your conscience floated around you. Little fragments of memory played like movies in front of you. Your first day of school, the award you won for best drawing, your parents...

In a brief flash red eyes. A bone chilling stare, your chest closing up and then...

You were hacking and dry heaving on the floor. The office was brightly lit and from the strange decor you saw, you assumed it was Mephisto's. When you finally stopped coughing you glared up at the office's occupant, who was sitting at a desk chair.

"Sorry about that, super uncomfortable for humans, but its that fastest way out." With a snap of his fingers you were sitting in a chair. "Rips your soul from your body, and puts it back in." He pretended to shiver.

"Why don't you feel sick, then?" You grumbled in annoyance.

"No soul, no problem." Then he grinned awfully.

You shuddered. "I'm at school again?"

"Ahh!" Mephisto clapped his hands together, "you remember the school! excellent... You will resume classes in a week."

You pondered this for a second, "Wait, what about that boy, with the green hair? He knew me..."

"If I told you who he was, you would feel bad." Mephisto looked solemn. "What you need, is to get some rest, then go back to a regular schedule. We can talk when you're feeling better."

You wanted to protest, but what could you say? He was right about you needing rest, you could feel your eyelids drooping, and the longer you sat there the less you were listening.

"I'll get some rest... thank you." You stood to leave.

"Remember where your dorm is?" He called as your fingers brushed the doorknob. You stalled then looked back at him.

"What do you think?" Sarcasm was a strength of yours that you managed to retain even through your memory loss.

"I'll show you." And he led you out of the office.

You collapsed into your bed, trying to stay awake and reflect on your day. Your eyes fluttered and sleep overtook you.

For once it was dreamless.

Except for the moment before you woke up. However there were no glaring red eyes. Only warm arms surrounding you.

The next day you awoke to the sun kissing your eyelids. You tossed and turned in bed trying to fall back into unconsciousness. Sadly, you were unsuccessful. Sitting up in the bed you were greeted by a white fox which rested on your bedcovers. It was asleep, body rising and falling with each breath. Reaching out towards it startled it. Glancing your way for only a second, the white demon scurried out of the room.

"Hmm.... strange." You said to yourself, moments later footsteps approached the room. Whoever it was knocked once and entered.

"F/n! "The purple hair and short eyebrows were familiar, you knew this girl, but you couldn't put a finger on her name. "You're awake!" She gave slight smile.

You remembered enough about her to know she usually wasn't this cheery. It made you think about how long you'd really been gone. You felt bad about leaving your friends, if you forgot them... did they forget you too?

"I brought you some food."

Oh! Now that you thought about it, you definitely were starving.

She placed a bowl of rice and a fried egg on your bedside table and you snatched the bowl up and started eating immediately. Seemingly embarrassed she excused herself.

You shoveled the rice into your mouth pausing only to breathe. Rice wasn't the most nutritious, but months of slurping vegetable broth from a spoon had taken its toll. A large puff of pink smoke distracted you from your food, but only for a moment when you saw who it was.

"Leave me in peace old man." You said in between bites.

"I'm glad that you're eating, it was nice of Izumo to bring you something to eat." You nodded storing the girls name for a later date. Mephisto snapped his fingers and refilled your almost empty bowl. Reaching for the untouched egg he plopped it into the now steaming bowl of rice. "Protein," he smirked. You glared at him but nodded in appreciation at the food.

The egg was sunny side up, yolk running all over the rice when you poked it. The yellow yolk mixed with the white starch and provided your body with nutrients it hadn't had in months. When you finished the bowl your stomach growled and you stared at Mephisto sheepishly.

All he did was grin and snap his fingers, the bowl vanished and was replaced with an apple. You ate it to the core and were only satisfied after Mephisto handed you a glass of water. You quenched your thirst.

"I'm full." He took the glass away and placed it on the bedside table.

"How did you sleep?" He asked smiling when your face lit up.

"Like a baby, I didn't dream about anything." You didn't mention the warm arms, and kind of wished you could go back to the calm dark place you had woken from not so long ago. Mephisto smiled and gestured to the flower that had been placed on your deck.

"It was sent from Gehenna for you, it catches nightmares." The flower resembled a lily and was pure white save for two small specks of black. "When it turns completely black we'll have to get a new one."

"Who sent it?" You asked, excited to find out who was the savior of your sleep.

"I'll tell you later."

Up hangs white lily
Suspended in your head,

Down
Down
Down comes white lily,
Filled with rot and dread.

Petal by petal

Black dot
By dot.

Thread of sanity,
By thread.