Dig

The party went on into the late night, or early morning if you are that kind of person.

You spent the night socializing and dancing, it wasn't good dancing but it was dancing. As the party reached its peak, music blared and a lot of demons were just a little bit too drunk. No one noticed an intruder slip in.

The spy weaved through the sea of people with practiced and precise movements, blending into the crowed.
She came to where you were, currently you occupied a far corner of the room where you were arguing with Azazel about tights.

"But horizontal stripes are so much fun." You argued to the King of Spirits.

"I get that f/n, I really do, but they aren't good for my figure. You have to wear vertical stripes, they are sliming." He argued back while gesturing to the current vertically striped tights that he was wearing.

"But... But... You look like Mephisto in his stupid pin striped suit." You replied back holding in giggles.

"I have to agree his suit is pretty stupid." Said Azazel.

"What was that about my suit?" Another voice joined the conversation.

"Heyyy Samael, would you look at the time... Gotta go." Said Azazel who's voice was slightly higher than usual.
He ran off to the other side of the party with Mephisto hot on his heels.

You sighed and leaned against the wall waiting for one of them to return. You closed your eyes for a moment than opened, you jumped... There was a woman.

"Are you f/n l/n." She said her voice was blank... It reminded you of Amaimon a little, save for this woman's voice was cold and threatening. Amaimon's was more childish and curious.

"Uhh." You said,"Yeah." Trying not to be rude. It was probably just another curious guest. It wasn't often that you saw a human in Satans castle.

"Perfect."Her voice was laced with venom. Before you could scream a hand was around your mouth. You struggled trying to bite the hand and reach for your gun. Your hand grabbed air and you remembered that it was at home. You didn't think you would need it.

You cursed internally and tried to kick at her, a rag was put over your nose and mouth. Clorophorm you held your breath trying to fight the chemical. The woman gave a sharp jab to your said making you open your mouth to cry out, there was no sound as the party slowly drifted away into splotches of color then into nothing at all.

It was dark, when you woke up. Very dark, not like the peaceful nighttime darkness that had a constant and calming presence, this darkness was abrupt and unnatural. It seeped into every corner of your mind and tugged at it, swirling itself into unimaginable shapes. It truly was  the absence of light.

You slowly  opened your eyes, the room around flashed into view, the bright light blinding you temporarily. The light cleared and you observe the room around you, still flinching at the brightness. The room itself was gray, gray walls gray floors, gray.

Lifting your head you saw the woman who had grabbed you earlier, passed out in  a chair occupying one corner. Trying to move your arms proved futile as thick bindings held you down.

You processed what had happened to you, you had been kidnapped... But why? It was boring here and as bright as the fire of your hatred burned for the woman in the corner you wanted as much information as possible.

"Hey," you called weakly," it took you a second to get your voice back. "Hey!" You almost shouted making the woman jump.

"Oh you're  awake." Her cold voice echoed of the walls, it sounded even more menacing in the room where sound bounced off the walls.

"Who are you?!" A million questions ran through your head. " What do you want from me?"  You spat. "What do you want to do to me?" That last part sounded more desperate. Tears threatened to spill over your eyes. You held them in.

"Slow down, so many questions." She said matter of factly. "You play an important part in our plan." Her face contorted into a chilling grin. "It's not you we want... You are just bait."

"Bait... Bait for who?" You asked keeping your temper.

"Well you see, there are quite a few demons who do not like Satans rule, our goal is to make him bow to us." She continued.

"He will never bow to you, and besides what do I have to do with it."

"He may not be so eager to bow down now but how about when all of his sons are dead at his feet... Hmmm? Including your stupid little lover." She sneered. "I'll kill them off one by one."

"They would never." You spat back firm in your beliefs.

"Never what... Come here?"She laughed it was a horrible barking thing. "Oh but they will, they will walk right into my trap."

"No!" You said figuring out where she was going with this.

"Yes, when they hear that dear f/n is in trouble, they will rush to your aid." Her voice echoed off the walls.

You were close to sobbing now,"Amaimon will come and tear you apart."

"He may... Or he may not... How do you know he loves you as much as you think?" She grinned showing off sharp fangs.

"Of course he does." You screamed back.

"Oh really, Amaimon King of Earth... The one who killed your family?" Her grin grew even wider now, stretching to edges off her face.

"What!?" You said confused now.

"Oh come on..." You had to have put it together... Powerful earth guardian? Amaimon talking about your father. Are you really that dumb sweetie?"

Tears ran down your cheeks pooling in your collar bones. "That's not true!" You shouted with all your might a broken sob escaped your mouth. "No it can't be... no... You liar!" You screamed desperately.

She only gave you an eerie smile. " You still have a little fight in you." She said laughing as you pulled at the ropes. "Don't worry it will start to go away soon... As soon as you realize there's no hope left."

Little did she know you had broke a long time ago.

Someone dug up your roots.