Chapter 27

I do not own Teen Wolf. Obviously.

  I walked through the water, Lydia standing next to me. We stepped over the stones, looking at our surroundings. A male voice filled my ears.

"Tell me where you are. Tell me what you see." He said.

"The bridge." Lydia and I muttered in sync.

"Keep moving." Valack said. "Describe what you find." We walked closer to the old bridge. Everything was dark. "Tell me what he did."

We looked around, but I stopped, feeling a sharp pressure by my ear. My eyes opened more, seeing the hospital room Lydia and I were in. No longer walking through water.

"Stay focused, Taylor." He said.

"What did you do to us?" I whispered.

"I've amplified your abilities. Something that might just save the lives of your friends." He answered me. "Now focus on the bridge. On Theo. Why did he let his sister die?"

"I don't know." Lydia whispered.

"You don't see it yet." Valack sighed. "Search for it." He demanded. "Keep looking." I sighed, closing my eyes. I appeared back into the water, walking closer to the bridge, Lydia's hand in mine. "Why did he let her die? What did he want?" He finished. We took a few more steps forward. I reached my hand out slightly, seeing something move in the water. Another hand leaped out of the water, latching onto my arm. Lydia and I both let out our scream. A girl pulled herself out of the water, the fabric around her chest ripped apart, her actual chest was ripped open, her ribs were sticking out,
but there was one thing missing.

"Her heart."

"He wanted her heart." Lydia said.

"There's no record of a heart condition." Valack said, flipping through papers. "But a transplant would make Theo a genetic Chimera like the others. The hypothermic conditions would keep the organ viable. But why him? Why choose a 10 year old willing to kill his own sister?"

"Why do you care?" I whispered to the man.

"Because Theo was a first step in the right direction for the Dread Doctors." He answered. "Think of who they are. Para scientists who have prolonged their lives and twisted the laws of nature in pursuit of one goal. The creation of the perfect killer." He explained. "And now they've done it."

"But Theo doesn't know who the success is. The last Chimera." Lydia told him.

"It doesn't matter. There's a reason they chose him, a reason he failed, a reason they changed their methods and a reason they finally succeeded. It all starts with Theo." He explained to us.

---

"When did you know for sure?" Valack asked. "That the Dread Doctors had succeeded?"

"Scott and Stiles found out that night." Lydia told him.

"The night of the Supermoon." Valack repeated.

"But they really didn't know it yet." I added. "There was too much going on."

"Liam had almost killed Scott. Kira was still gone." Lydia said.

"Malia was trying to find the Desert Wolf." I added.

"And you two were missing." Valack listed.

"And Sheriff Stilinski was dying..." I finished.

The sheriff was going through surgery, Stiles was arguing with nurses, Scott was passed out in his hallway, and Stiles and Melissa were trying to find out what was wrong with the sheriff while Parrish was having visions of my sister...