Chapter 9

I do not own Teen Wolf.
Obviously.

  "Is three enough?" Kira asked Stiles, as I set down another computer. We're gonna catch the Benefactor tonight.

  "Depends on how many cameras they have. But I think so." Stiles answered.

  "Are we really doing this?" Liam asked.

  "We're doing it. Tonight." Scott told him.

  "But isn't it kind of dangerous?" Liam asked.

  "Of course, it's incredibly dangerous. When do we do anything that's not?" I asked him.

  "It's also borderline idiotic." Stiles added, smiling at my question.

  "Have you guys done something like this before?" Liam asked us.

  "Something dangerous?" Stiles asked.

  "Or something idiotic?" I added.

  "I think it's a yes to both." Kira answered. I sighed, putting my hand on Liam's shoulder as he looked down, obviously scared.

  "You don't have to be a part of it if you don't want to." Scott told him.

  "I'm not scared." Liam said. I sighed, taking my hand off of his shoulder.

  Stiles smiled at him, saying, "Then you're borderline idiotic." With an adorable wink at the end. "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?" He asked Scott.

  "How do we even know somethings definitely coming?" Kira asked.

  "Because the tape from Garret's bag said visual confirmation required." Scott said.

  "Simon said the same thing. He couldn't get paid by the Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead." Stiles added.

"So the idea is, what if you kill someone on the dead pool, but you can't send the proof?" Scott asked.

  "You don't get paid." Kira answered.

  "But how does that get us any closer to the Benefactor?" Liam asked us.

  "He still needs to know if the target is really dead." I told him, wrapping my arm around Stiles' waist.

  "Especially if it's someone high on the list." Stiles added.

  "So if he wants visual confirmation.."

"He's going to have to come and get it himself." Scott finished Liam's sentence.

                                 ---

  Stiles and I were now at the hospital, waiting for the doctors to announce Scott's "death." The plan was for Kira to shock Scott's heart, almost killing him. We would call an ambulance and they would bring him to the hospital. After trying to revive him, they would call it. Calling Momma McCall, to tell her that her son had "died." Then she's supplied to cause a big scene, screaming at the doctor, crying. I would run over to her, sobbing, trying to comfort her.

  "What happened to my son?!" I heard Ms. McCall wail from down the hall. That's my cue.

  I ran down the hallway, starting to cry. "What happened?" I cried, sitting down on the floor next to Ms. McCall, hugging her as she cried for her son.