Chapter 26

I do not own Teen Wolf. Obviously.

Liam got up, walking towards Scott. He glared at him, getting in his face. "What do you mean no?"

"Liam. Look at her." Scott said softly. "She's too weak. It'll kill her. We don't even know what the mercury's doing to her. We don't even know if it is actually mercury. This can't be the only way to save her life."

"It saved mine." Liam stated.

"You know, that was different." Scott started. "You were hanging off a ledge."

"You promised." Liam whispered. "You said you'd do everything you could."

"Which is why I'm not going to do something I think is going to kill her." Scott snapped, gasping a little. He tried talking, but stopped, breathing heavily. It seemed like he was trying to catch his breath.

"Scott." Theo called, standing up from his spot next to Hayden on the floor. He tossed Scott his inhaler, which he used instantly.

"There's another way to save her." Scott told Liam.

"Guys, I don't know what the statistics are for surviving a werewolf bite, but she's definitely not surviving this." Theo said. "We need to do something."

---

I walked out of the animal clinic, answering my vibrating phone.

"Stiles?" I questioned.

"Taylor. I'm surprised you actually answered." He sighed.

"So am I. What do you want?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"C-can you come pick me up? They're towing my Jeep." He told me.

"Uh, I guess." I muttered. "Text me your location." I hung up, climbing into my car.

---

Stiles stood in front of my car as we both watched the jeep being towed away, me watching from my car. He got into the passenger side of my car, as the tow truck turned a corner. He buckled in as I drove down the road, both of us silent.

"Can they fix it?" I coughed out.

"There's not enough duct tape in the world to fix that thing." He answered me.

"Maybe, you should try something other than duct tape." I suggested.

"It's got a bad alternator, you know, it needs all new belts, transmissions going... The brake pads are basically metal on metal." Stiles explained.

"Why would you let it get so bad?" I asked.

"There's been a few distractions, if you haven't noticed." He said, looking out the window.

"Trust me, I've noticed." I rolled my eyes.

"Tay-"

"Am I taking you home?" I snapped.

"No." He sighed. "Sheriff station. I gotta talk to my dad."

I nodded, heading towards the station.

---

"Here." I said, parking in front of the Sheriff station. I looked over, noticing Lydia's car.

"Thank you." He sighed, opening the door.

"Are you telling him about Donovan?" I asked before he completely got out.