Chapter 2

I do not own Teen Wolf.
Obviously.

"Come on!" I called to Scott and Stiles as they carried Derek inside the animal clinic. We ran inside and laid him down on the table.

"Wow." Deaton said, looking down at the young Derek.

"Wow? Wow as in, 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do,' kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we wee hoping for." Stiles said.

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities." Deaton told Stiles.

"He's cold. Really cold." I said, grabbing his hand.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asked.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience." Deaton told us, flashing a light in Derek's eyes.

"So, what do we do?" Stiles asked.

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here." Deaton said.

"You mean from Kate?" Stiles asked him.

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate." Deaton said.

"Why would she want to do this to him?" I asked Deaton.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her." Deaton explained.

"And bad for everyone else." Stiles sighed.

"You guys should go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night, and you all need to start taking care of your own lives again." Deaton said as Stiles yawned.

"Someone should stay with you." Scott said.

"I'll stay. My grades are fine. Despite missing a few classes." I told Scott.

"I'm so not okay with this." Stiles said, placing his hand on my back.

"Guys, go." I said, pushing Stiles hand off.

"No." Stiles said, shaking his head.

"Text us if anything happens." Scott said as I nodded at him.

"Nope, still not okay with it." Stiles shook his head. "Not going anywhere." He said as Scott grabbed his arm, pulling him out. "Alright, just 'cause you're stronger-"

---

I fell asleep a little bit after Scott and Stiles left. I woke up to Deaton checking Derek's pulse.

"How's he doing?" I yawned.

"His heart rate is alarmingly high." Deaton said. I got up and walked over to him, grabbing Derek's hand.

"He's a lot warmer now." I said.

"Taylor, I'm going to try something. I want you to keep holding his hand if that's okay." Deaton said and I nodded. Deaton grabbed a small knife and placed it on Derek's arm. He dragged it down, leaving a long cut that healed almost instantly.

"That looks like it healed really fast." I said, looking up at Deaton.

"Unusually fast." Deaton muttered.

"What does that mean?" I asked him.

"I'm not sure. Let's try something else. Grab me a five milliliter syringe. Top drawer." Deaton said, pointing to a cabinet. I nodded and walked over to grab it. I stopped when I heard sighs coming from behind me.