Chapter 23

Harry’s POV

I still can’t forget about yesterday. How I felt when I kissed her, how her lips moved in sync to mine, and how her arms draped itself over my neck. I can’t believe this happened to me. Does it mean she likes me back since she kissed me back? But she ran after the kiss, what does that mean? I think things will get awkward between us. *sigh*

I went downstairs to prepare some breakfast for us, I saw Maddie outside on our favorite spot. I was going to go there to ask if she’s alright, but she suddenly stood up crying. I rushed to her to ask her what’s wrong.

“Maddie! What’s wrong?” I asked her.

“Just stay away from me Harry, please” she said and went inside probably back to her bedroom. I saw a newspaper on the lounge chair and it read:

Madison Clarke: a two timer?

Madison Clarke was seen sharing smooch with One Direction’s Harry Styles in her Malibu vacation house. According to sources, Styles and Clarke were the only ones inside the house. According to some other sources this speculation will have a great impact on Clarke’s career. Will there still be a Madison Clarke? Is this the end of Zayn Malik and Madison Clarke’s relationship?

I saw the photo of us kissing, looks like the photographer cut the others to let it seem like we’re the only ones in the house. I just don’t get how they shot a photo of us, how did he/she do that?

Suddenly I remembered that we played Truth or dare near the balcony. The photographer must have climbed over there and made the shot. I can’t believe this is happening.

“Hazza what do you got there?” Lou asked groggily. I’m lost for words so I just gave him the newspaper.

“Oh God. Where Maddie?” he asked with a look of worry on his face.

“I don’t know” I whispered. Soon the other lads and Danielle found out, we all rushed in Maddie’s bedroom but it’s locked.

“Maddie c’mon let’s talk please!” I shouted while banging on the door.

“Maddie, its Danielle please let me in. Let’s talk please!” Dani begged while also knocking on the door. I noticed Lou fiddling on the door knob; he was using a credit card to open the door. Suddenly it clicked and we all rushed in Maddie’s bedroom. She wasn’t there so we checked inside her bathroom. We found her crying on the floor as she hugged her legs to her chest.

“Maddie please let’s talk, we’re going to clear things out. I promise” I whispered while gently going to her.

“Please leave me alone” she whispered.

“Maddie please let’s talk about this” Liam said. She suddenly looked up and her eyes were filled with anger instantly.

“I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!” She shouted which made us jump.

“No, we’re going to talk about this Maddie” Danielle said.

“WHY DID I EVEN TRUST YOU GUYS AGAIN?! WAS ALL OF THIS YOUR PLAN? HUH? TO RUIN ME! I FEEL SO STUPID GIVING YOU ALL A CHANCE! “She shouted while giving all of us a glare.

“We don’t want to ruin you Maddie! If you could give us a chance to talk and maybe clear things up then---“ I said.

“You had your chance and you blew it. I feel so stupid that I loved you” she whispered while staring at me. She loved me? I could feel my heart break into a thousand pieces.

With that we decided to leave Maddie alone for a little while just so she could clear her head. We made some calls to Simon and Rob about the rumor.