Chapter 9

Zayn’s POV

I suddenly woke up to this unfamiliar room. It wasn’t the hotel, where am I? I then replayed what happened to me yesterday and I remembered that I was in Maddie’s house.

I quickly freshened up and went downstairs. I couldn’t see Maddie anywhere, instead I saw a woman at the kitchen. She handed me some breakfast of eggs, toast, and sausages. As I was about to thank and ask her where Maddie is she just pointed outside. She must be her private chef, neat!

I walked outside to see a beautiful view. Now I know what you’re thinking since we’re in Bel Air there’s gonna be great views around here. But the one I’m looking at right now is priceless.

I walked up to Maddie (yeah, I’m going to call her that from now on) and she’s really beautiful. I think I’m starting to like her. The more she pushes me away, the more I like her because she’s kind of a challenge. We both sat on the lounge chairs beside the swimming pool. The California sun is awesome!

“Do you want to some tea?” she asked me.

“What kind of tea is it?” I asked

“Yorkshire” she said.

“Sure” I said and she poured me some. You know this is nice; we’re not fighting just chillin’ and having a good time.

“By the way what is One Direction doing here in L.A.?” she asked while talking her sunglasses off. She looks fit!

“Well management allowed us to have a month long vacation, since we just had an American tour” I replied.

“So when will you go home?” she asked. As if right on cue the boys appeared in her house.

“What are you guys doing in my house?” she yelled.

“Yeah, and how did you guys find me?” I asked them looking really annoyed. They just ruined our moment!

“It’s all over the internet and tabloids. See?” Liam said while handing Maddie the newspaper.

It showed us outside the convenience store and our faces were really close, like we were about to kiss or something. There was even a picture of me getting in her car.

“I can’t believe this! I’m calling my manager and PR” She said and immediately went inside her house to get her phone.

Meanwhile the boys looked at me like I was some sort of criminal.

“What were you two doing at 12:00 pm yesterday?” Liam said.

“Well I went out to buy some cigarettes at the convenience store. Then I bumped into her and we started talking. Then there was this whole mob of paparazzi and fans. She suddenly went in her car to get away. Then I remembered that the driver parked around back so I couldn’t get there since those people started charging at us. Then Maddie was kind enough to let me ride with her. Then I was supposed to call you guys but then I forgot that I lend Liam my phone. So I begged Maddie to let me stay with her for a while. Then she tried contacting her manager if he knows the number of Uncle Si, but then he got mad and stuff. So I begged her if I could stay with her, and she said yes” I explained.

“So did you do it?” Harry asked while wiggling his eye brows.

“No! God no! I slept at her guest room” I explained.

“So you call her Maddie now?” Niall asked.

“Did she say it was okay with it? Can we call her that as well? I like it!” Louis said while grinning like a Cheshire cat.

“No it’s not okay with me. Call me Madison.” She interrupted.

“So what now?” Liam asked.

“Can we swim?” Louis asked looking at the glistening swimming pool.

“You guys could go, and no; you can’t swim” she said sternly.

“Why not?” Harry asked.

“Because this is my house and I don’t want you in it” she said and she started pushing us to the door.

“Why do you hate us so much? We didn’t do anything to you!” Liam said.

“Oh trust me you did” she said with some anger in her voice.

“Then tell us!” I said.

“I’d have to kill you” she said. Creepy!

Eventually we left her house and stayed at our hotel. Everything was going pretty well between us until the boys arrived. I was taken out of my trance when Liam’s phone went off.

“Yeah?” he said.

“Oh okay. We’ll be on our way” he said to the person he’s talking to.

“Okay, slight change lads. We’re gonna go to Rob’s office” he said.

“Who’s Rob?” Niall asked.

“Madison’s manager. Uncle Si said he’ll just meet us there” he said and notified the driver for the sudden changes. I wonder what we’re into again.