33. the bad boy knows how to love

2 weeks later

Archer's POV

Saying goodbye to her and letting her go was the hardest thing I ever did but the only best thing I could do for her.

Coming back here again, I just want to go to her and try to win her back but I can't. I love her too damn much to walk back into her life and screw it all up again.

I pick up my suitcase and step on the escalator then drop my suitcase down on the step. My eyes scan the airport as I'm going down.

There's a couple in front of me, hugging and showing their affection for each other. I look away from them, not wanting to bring back old memories.

The escalator reach the bottom so I grab the handle on my suitcase, stretch it out, and roll it as I walk to the lobby of the airport.

I search the room for Carter. He's supposed to pick me up. Where the hell is he? I wouldn't be surprise if he's in a room somewhere shagging a flight attendant.

Coming to a conclusion that Carter is not here yet, I start walking to the corner of the lobby where there are chairs where I can wait for him.

The sound of the intercom turns on, "You're heartless." My body froze when I recognize the voice.

"You said you would be there for me. You told me you love me and how I've changed you but you left and you don't even have the nerve to say goodbye to my face," her voice sends shivers down my spine. Her voice gives me goosebumps. Her voice makes my heart race.

I fucking miss her voice so much.

"I thought I wanted you gone. I thought I could move on with you out of my life but..." The intercom ends, snapping me back to reality.

Was I just imagining it? I miss her so damn much that it's making me go crazy.

I shake my head to make me face reality. She's gone. I let her go and she's never coming back to me.

I continue walking to the corner of the lobby but stopped in my track when I see her across the room in front of me with a happy grin.

It can't be her. I must be going crazy. But I continue to stare at her in awe thinking that if I even bat an eye, she'll be gone and I don't want that.

She starts walking towards me. "But I was wrong. I need you in my life Archer Bradshaw. I want you in my life." With each words that come out of her lips, she steps closer to me.

I can't believe the words that's coming out of her mouth. Am I really going crazy that I'm imagining it or is this for real?

She looks real. She feels real. I want it to be real.

"Let's begin again but this time, let's do it better and right." By the time she finish, she's only a few feet away from me. I could literally pull her to my embrace with just one reach of an arm.

I was so mesmerized by her that I didn't even realize I was smiling lopsidedly like an idiot. But I don't care. I love her.

I gaze into her bright big brown eyes and I could feel the world changing around me, getting prettier, sunnier, and happier.

My eyes travel around her face, remembering each and every corner of her. Her eyes, her nose, her lips. Those damn lips. I just want to pull her to me and kiss all her pain away, all the bad memories.

"Kiss me, you idiot," Chloe say with a smile, making my happy heart race even more.

As I'm standing here, only a few feet away from the girl that makes my world better, the one that makes my heart smile, the one that I'll always love, I can't help but think: she's the one I'll spend the rest of my life with, she's my always and forever.

With a wholeheartedly grin, my hand reach out for her arm, pull her to me, and press my lips against hers. Our tongues intertwined and our hearts as one.

~

~

A/N

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND STICKING WITH ME TILL THE END.

If you have nothing to read, please feel free to check out my other book In the End. It's similar to this type of story but the chapters are longer and there'll be much more twist and turns as you read on.

If not, thank you again for reading and wish you all the best! :)