30. the bad boy won't quit

"So how have you been?" Rob ask me as he take a bite of egg from his spoon.

"I'm fine." I say. I could feel the awkward tension rising between Jace, Mom, and Rob.

After Jace took me home last night, he confronted mom and Rob about what happened to me and he apologized to me. I was quite surprise and relief to hear him apologize.

Since it was late already, mom and Rob convinced me to stay over the night and so I did and now here I am. Having breakfast with my family who's trying their hardest not to say or ask the wrong questions, afraid it might set me off.

I swallow the last of my bacon and take a sip of water.

"I have to go now. I have work in an hour." I tell them. Since Jace is my ride, he finish his last bite of pancake and wipe his mouth with a napkin.

I slide my chair back and get up. Jace follow after.

"Bye, honey. Call me every now and then. I'll come visit once in a while," mom instruct me. I smile at her and walk to her side. I hug her for a few seconds before letting go.

Jace walks out of the kitchen and I follow after. We walk to the garage and into his car.

After an hour in the car, Jace drop me off at the diner. I left my car here last night when Jace decided to take me home.

I open the door of the diner and enter only to be met by Sandy. She smiles at me and walk to me.

"He's been here since we opened. He won't budge until he talks to you. Please tell him to order something or we'll have to kick him out," Sandy tell me. I look at her in confusion. She nods her head to the counter. I look to the direction of where she was nodding to and see Archer sitting in the seat at the counter.

I sigh at the sight. "I'll talk to him." I give Sandy a thanking smile before heading towards Archer.

"You have to order something or we'll have to kick you out," I tell him. Archer heard my voice and turn to face me with a grin.

I try not to cringe at the bruise on his face. Jace really hit him hard. There's a purple-ish red bruise at the corner of his mouth.

"What do you recommend?" Archer ask with a playfully tone. I walk over to the counter and lift up the counter then go behind it and put it down.

My honest opinion. "Don't order anything and leave," I tell him with a serious tone.

Archer scoff at my response, "You know I can't do that,"

"Why not, Archer?"

"You said I wasn't there for you. Well, I'm here for you now. Talk to me. Tell me what happened between us. Let's work this out."

This time it was my turn to scoff. I cross my arms and look at him with amusement. "Look at you, Archer Bradshaw, wanting to be good. Congratulations. It only took you, what, 6 months."

Ever since we started dating, he told me he'll be good for me. But it never happened. It didn't happened then and it won't now.