03. the bad boy's naked

"How's school, honey?"

          "Fine," I lie as Heidi's words keeps repeating in my mind.

          "That was Archer Bradshaw, the director of this school's grandson. Not to mention, a multimillionaire and Montrose's infamous bad boy. You just slapped Archer Bradshaw."

          Oh my god.

          I whine to myself as I walk up the stairs to my room.

          "What's wrong?" Mom ask from downstairs after hearing my whining.

          "Nothing!" I immediately reply. Just that I might get kick out of school after one day because I slapped the director's precious grandson.

"Remember we're having dinner at Rob's house," mom remind me for the hundredth time today. I groan lowly and roll my eyes at the fact that I'm meeting my mom's boyfriend for the first time today. They've been going out for a few months now.

I enter my room and lay down on the bed recounting what happened today at lunch. After I slapped Archer and he sent me a death glare, the principal came to break up the fight. I got out of there as soon as I could before Archer could get his hands on me. For the rest of the day and the rest of the school year, I'll try my best to avoid him at all cost.

          I don't even want to think about what he will do to me if he sees me.

-

I let out a deep breath that I didn't even know I was holding and try to relax a little.

          "Relax, Chloe. You'll love Rob," mom assures me. I faintly smile in return.

          The door open revealing a tall dark brown haired man in an expensive suit.

"Hi, you must be Chloe. I'm Rob. Nice to finally meet you." He smiles at me.

"Likewise."

"Oh, please come in." He welcomes us into his house and lead us to his enormous living room.

His house looked big on the outside but I didn't know it was going to be this big. He has hallways that looks like it's never ending with doors on each side of the wall and three staircase. That means this house is three story. Who the hell is my mom dating?

"The table is still being set up so well have to wait a bit. Sorry about that," Rob explains.

"We're fine with waiting, Rob," mom assure him. I look at the way she looks at him. Her entire face lights up and her eyes had an indescribable shine to it. It could probably just be the chandelier reflecting light on her eyes but I know it's not. She looks happier than two years ago when dad had passed away.

Happy is good but I'm not ready for her to move on to another man. I hate myself for hating to see her happy.

"Where's the bathroom?" I ask, interrupting their conversation.

"Go through that hall, turn right then- you know what? I'll show you. I'm worry you might get lost," Rob said.

"No, it's okay. Just stay with mom. I'm really good with directions just tell me where it is," I tell him.