24. the good girl and the dance

"Hey babe," Archer sneak up behind me and whisper softly into my ear. I jump a bit in my seat from surprise. Archer laughs at my reaction and sit down next to me. I lower my head to hide my blushing face as Archer's little word keeps repeating in my head.

         Babe.

No one's ever called me that before and I didn't mind because I don't like being call that. It's cringy and such an overused word.

But somehow Archer found a way to say it that didn't make me cringe. It made my heart happy and my head repeating the word over and over.

Jace and Carter sits down across from us beside Heidi.

"So Chloe, who are you taking to the Sadie Hawkins dance?" Carter ask, putting the pressure on me. I can feel Jace, Heidi, and especially Archer's stares. They're all expecting me to ask Archer, but I don't even know if I want to go to the dance.

"I don't think I'm going to the dance," I tell them sheepishly, lowering my head.

"Why not?" Archer asks.

"Because it's just a stupid dance. I don't dance okay. I don't want to spend my Friday watching people dancing," I defend myself.

"You're going. I'm going to make you go even if I have to drag you there. You're going." Archer tell me with a joking tone but I'm sure he's serious about dragging me there.

I sigh and give in. "Fine." I guess I'll come out of my shell and actually have a social life for one night.

"Yes!" Carter, Jace, and Archer high-five each other causing me to roll my eyes at them.

Archer clear his throat to get my attention. "Chloe, don't you have something to ask me?" He grin.

I groan. I know exactly what question he wants me to ask. "Do I really have to ask?"

"Yes. It's not official until you ask." Archer smirk, waiting patiently for me to ask the magic question.

I roll my eyes at him but my mouth is in a wide smile. "You're such a girl."

Reluctantly, I ask him, "Will you, Archer Bradshaw, do the honor of being my date to the dance?"

He grin, "I'll have to think about it." He puts on a face like he's actually giving it a thought. I scoff, already knowing the answer.

"Yes."

-

"What's so special about a room full of teenagers dancing and socializing?" I shout to Archer over the loud music.

He lean closer towards me and and shout, "It's call having fun. You should try it sometimes." I chuckle and roll my eyes at him.

"Let's dance!" He suggested. Without waiting for a response from me, he grab my hand and drag me with him to the middle of the gym where a bunch of students are dancing.

"I don't dance!" I protest.

"Tonight you do!" He drops my hand and face me with a grin, waiting for me to attempt to dance. I sigh.