11. the bad boy dines and dash

a/n

So sorry for not updating for so long. I've been busy. But I finally updated! Yay! *applause applause*

Hope you enjoy! Don't forget to vote, comment, share - because sharing is caring.

~

After Archer returned to his normal narcissistic self, he decided that it was the perfect night to begin the first date that we never had. No matter how much I refused, I had no choice. He's my only ride home.

Sitting down in a small but perfect diner while waiting for our food, I can tell he looks excited with the sparkle glistening in his eyes. As for me, well, I was the complete opposite.

The first reason being that I feel weird around him - like strange awkward weird. It's been forever since I've went on a date and it all feels so foreign to me. Plus, the fact that it's Archer Bradshaw isn't helping either.

The second reason is he only explained one part of the reason why he stood me up. There's still the video of him with those girls lingering in my head.

Why do I even care?

"So...you like long walks on the beach?" Archer suddenly asks after a long moment of silence.

I furrow my eyebrows, "Please tell me that is not how you get girls."

He scoff, "Puh-please.. if I used my tricks on you, you would be head over heels in love with me right now."

"Right," I reply sarcastically.

"You didn't answer my question." He change the subject back.

"No, I like short walks on the beach. As a matter of fact, I don't even like the beach. I don't like deep conversations, those long 2 am calls, holding hands, romance novels-"

Archer interrupts my lying session with a grin, "Great. We have so much in common."

I hide my frown with a fake smile.

I lied to keep him uninterested but, instead, it backfired.

How could he not like the beach? It's refreshing and calming. I feel happier just being on the beach.

"What's your favorite color?"

I ignore Archer's question. "What happened after-" I begin but stopped.

Do I really care?

"What happened after what?" Archer gets curious.

"I saw the video. You said you were visiting your nanny but what happened after that? Did you just - oh, I don't know - forgot that I was waiting for you all night and went clubbing with those half naked girls?" I asks, infuriated.

He looks surprise for a few seconds.

"I- I wasn't myself. I was drunk, Chloe."