13. the bad boy and the wedding

"So... he thinks you guys are married now because you guys jumped the broom together?" Archer ask with a confused expression.

          I nod my head yes.

          After Charlie left, I started to explain to the boys how Charlie and I knew each other when we were in 1st grade. Ever since then, we became best friends along with Serena. He moved to a different city about two years ago and I haven't seen him since.

          "But you guys aren't really married, right?" Archer question.

           "No. We were just kids playing around. When our teacher told us about the tradition of jumping the broom, we thought it'll be fun to try it out." I explain. But it sure is funny when people actually think that we're married for real.

          "Well, thank god you're not actually married to him because you're mine." Archer is starting to sound a bit possessive. And I don't like it at all.

          "Okay then. Enough with my life story. I have to go back to cleaning my room." I end the conversation and head back to my room.

          Thankfully, I didn't get lost along the way.

          I enter my new room and start cleaning, taking out things from the stacks of boxes in the middle of the room.

          After a while, I stumble along my bucket list paper. The bucket list that Serena and I had planned to do together one day.

          With a sign at the old memories, I crumble up the paper into a ball and tried to throw it into the trashcan like it's a basketball. But, of course, I missed. The paper ball landed on the floor next to the trashcan. I didn't bother to pick it up as I lay down on my bed looking up at the ceiling.

          My mind travels to Serena, my best friend. The only friend, besides Charlie, that had been by my side all my life. They were always there for me and cared about me. What happened to Serena was my fault. If only I had cared about her too then everything wouldn't have turned out the way it did. It's all my fault.

          "Skinny dipping but not really, spend the night inside a mall, ride a taxi and say 'follow that car'. Really?" Archer question.

          I had so much on my mind that I didn't even hear Archer coming in and picking up my crumbled up bucket list.

          I shrug, "YOLO."

          -

          I let out a deep sigh, "Today's the day."

          "Today's the day," Jace repeats with a rather disappointed tone.

          "You finally have a big brother like you've always wanted." Charlie tries to make the best out of this situation.

          "I wanted one 10 years ago. Not today." I tell him and look at Jace, "No offense."

          Jace shrugs like he doesn't care. He looks so uninterested yet hurt at the same time for this wedding. He was supposed to be the best man but he flipped out when Rob asks him. I'm even surprised he came at all.

          We all sat there in the front row and stare at the beautiful floral altar like zombies, waiting for the wedding to start.

          Rob is already standing in front of the altar too.

          "What's with the sad faces? Cheer up, people. It's a wedding." Archer and Carter approach us.

          We didn't say anything but just sigh as Archer and Carter sits down beside Jace.