06. the bad boy's self introduction

Be my girlfriend, Chloe Williams.

          I swallow the big lump starting to form in my throat as Archer's words keeps repeating in my head - thinking to myself what the hell in gods name is happening.

          Someone in the cafeteria clear their throat, breaking my train of thoughts and bringing me back to reality.

          I began to focus on the boy standing in front of me with an impatient expression. Then I look around my surrounding to see hundreds of eyes on me, waiting for my answer.

          "Sometime today would be great," Archer tells me in a nicer way of hurry the fuck up.

          I look to Heidi for an answer but she's too shocked to notice me.

          I open my mouth to speak but close it immediately after.

          Do I really want to go out with Archer, the bad boy? The player? The boy who can get whoever or whatever he wants? Do I want to be Archer's girlfriend? Do I want to go through the same pain that Serena went through?

          "No," I finally give him an answer. I back away from him in refusal.

          "No. Are you crazy? I barely know you and you're asking me out?" I clarify myself and quickly run out the door, not wanting to take on anymore pressure - leaving him and everyone speechless and in shock.

          I just rejected the bad boy.

-

          Ever since I rejected Archer in front of everyone, girls have been sending me death glares and boys have been winking at me and sending me stupid flirty looks.

          It's been at least a week and a half since that day.

          I don't even dare to face Archer since then. I slapped him the first day I was here and then I rejected him in front of everyone. I have a feeling he doesn't do well with rejection.

          He has been quiet ever since that day and it's been really bothering me. I mean, he doesn't even glance at me in the hallway - not one glance at all - and he would stay clear of me when mom and I go to Jace's house for dinner.

          You would think he would at least do something right?

          Because my mind was so occupied by Archer, I didn't even notice the ball being thrown in my face.

          "Ball!" A girl yells out. Before I could react, a basketball hits me right in my face - straight to my nose.

          A few girls snicker and giggles around me. They probably think I deserved that for rejecting Archer, their precious knight in shining armor.

          I roll my eyes at them.

          This is why you shouldn't give a ball to jealous girls.

          "Eww!" A girl squeal in disgust, pointing at my nose. I touch my Cupid's bow and see blood on my finger.

          Unlike most girls, I just shrug it off and walk to our pe teacher.