22. the good girl has roses and chocolate

"Hello?" I call out. My voice echoes into the empty hallway. I walk further into the hallway and notice a door slightly open. I walk towards it and open it. It was dark and empty. The only source of light is in the middle of the room where a girl is sitting down in a rocking chair with her back towards me. The sound of the chair rocking back and forth echoes throughout the room.

I found myself making my way towards the girl. I walk around her to see who she is. A low soft gasp escapes my mouth as soon as I see her face.

"Serena?"

"Chloe, help me," she begged me with tears dripping down her cheeks. I look at her arms and realize that she's holding a newborn baby.

"Help me please." Serena begged again, but this time more desperate.

"Help you with what?" I ask, confused. She hand me the baby in her arm. Suddenly, I see blood coming out of the baby's eye and nose. The blood spreads all over the baby and Serena.

"No!" I scream at the top of my lung.

I open my eyes and immediately sit up from my bed. It was just a dream.

"It's just a dream," I whisper to myself to assure me that everything is fine.

My eyes wander around my room in the darkness for nothing in particular. I look at the clock on my bedside and it reads 1:36 am. I lay down in my bed and close my eyes to go back to sleep.

After tossing and turning, I open my eyes again to see the time on the clock.

1:42 am.

By now, I'm wide awake and hungry. I decide to get out of bed and go to the kitchen for a late night snack.

Once I reach the kitchen, I open the refrigerator for something to eat at this hour of night. There's milk. I could eat cereal. Sandwich? Bagel? Cereal it is.

I grab the milk out of the fridge and put it on the island. I head to the pantry and pull out a bag of cocoa puff cereal. I grab a bowl and spoon and go back to the island. After pouring the cereal and milk in the bowl, I put them back where they were. I devour the cereal within 5 minutes and put it in the sink. I washed the bowl and spoon and put it back.

I was about to head back up to my room but stopped in my track when I heard something. It sounded like footsteps. I wait silently to hear it again. The footsteps are getting closer to me. I wait in the hallway between the kitchen and the living room to see who it is.

I see Jace walking past the living room. He has his shoes on and keys in his hand. He looks hurried to go somewhere. "What are you doing?" I ask him, stopping him in his track.

He turns back to me, surprised. "Nowhere. Go back to sleep."

"Where, Jace?" I insisted. I've gotten closer and comfortable with Jace these past few weeks. That means he's gonna have to deal with my nosy ass self.

I can see the hesitation in his face. After deciding whether to tell me or not, he speaks up, "Archer got in a fight. He's at the police station."

I tense up at his words. After he left the bathroom, I couldn't find him anywhere. So I went home. I told him I wanted another chance and I'll do whatever to get one.