Chapter 43

( Shilo cont.)

"You should get a new tutor." I say. Lily just rolls her eyes. Sky-Lu then passes us. She had my brother's coat on. Her face seemed upset.

"Sky, are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah. Your dad had to speak with Cipheris, so I just decided to come inside." Sky says.

"Oh. Do you know why?" I ask.

"No. I'm just going to lay down somewhere. Rose should be here in a couple of minutes." Sky says. She then walks off.

"I hope she's okay." Lily says.

"Well, she has Cipheris. My mom used to say that when two people are in love, as long as they have each other, they'll find a way to always be happy." William says.

"You must miss your parents a lot." Lily asks.

"Yeah, but I have everyone here. And besides, I know they're watching over me up there." William says. I don't usually hear William talk, especially about his parents. I'm glad he found someone to open up to.

"Hey, everyone." Rose says. She was carrying a bunch of shopping bags.

"Hello." Louie adds. Lily and William both greet them back.

"Hello Rose, Louie." I say, trying to sound friendly towards them. Rose puts her bags down and hugs Louie.

"Um, Rose?" I ask.

"Yeah." She says still hugging him.

"Can I talk to you?" I say with a slightly serious tone.

"Okay." She says matching my tone. She lets go of Louie and we go into another room.

"Listen, Rose, I'm sorry about yesterday. I shouldn't have talked to you that way." I say.

"I'm not going to say I wasn't a little hurt, but it's okay. I was just a bit worried about you, what happened?" She asks.

"I remembered some things. Not so great things." I say.

"Oh, well I'm here if you want to talk." She says.

"Actually, I think it would be best if we just put some space between us." I say.

"But Shilo..." She says.

"I mean you don't need me with you every second of the day. You have Louie to do that now." I say.

"Shilo, don't do that." Rose says.

"Rose don't you love Louie?" I ask.

"Well yeah, but that doesn't mean I don't want to spend time with you." She says.

"Rose I'm sorry. I just think I need some space from you right now." I say.

"Fine, Shilo. Since you want space, I'm leaving for a week with my sisters and Louie. Is that enough for you?" Rose asks upset.

"Rose." I say apologetically.

"Shilo, I don't understand why you're trying to push me out of your life. First, you forget about me, and now you don't even want me near you. So as of now, this is me giving you space. If you don't want me around then, I won't be. I don't need you." Rose says upset. She then walks out and slams the door. I'm sorry Rose, but it's better this way, I'm doing this because I love you. I walk out too. I see Louie consoling, Rose. I felt a pain in my heart, but I knew that it had to be done. Just like I knew what I had to do next. I sneak out to the Hyperloop and go back home.

(Rose)

"I just can't believe Shilo would do that to me." I say.

"Rose, just let him be. I'm sure he'll come around." Louie says.