Chapter 23

"Well, I'll miss being together in a house." Violet says.

"Me too." I tell Violet.

"Oh, just get a room." Cipheris says.

"Maybe we will." I say. I see Violet's face.

"Or not." I add. Violet's face readjusted. Interesting.

(Paseris)

The week passed by quickly. While Rose and Louie spent time together, we had our own fun on the beach. I almost got sunburnt one day when I forgot the sunscreen. I would notice Shilo getting more agitated than usual. Things with Cipheris and Sky-Lu seemed to be as bad. The awkwardness that radiated from them was so uncomfortable. Violet and I just endured everything and tried to make the best of it.

It was now Friday evening, we had decided on leaving tomorrow morning. I was sitting on the beach watching the sunset alone. I then heard someone behind me. I turned and saw Violet.

"Hey, beautiful." I say.

"Hey, Mr. Lobster, what are you doing out here alone?" She says smiling.

"I realized, the whole time I was here... I never saw a sunset on the beach. Also, it's a good time to think." I explain.

"Oh. What are you thinking about?" She asks.

"How much I love you and how to show you." I answered.

"Aww, Pas." She says blushing.

"I love you, Violet." I say.

"I love you more. Can I watch it with you?" She says.

"Of course." I say.

She sat close to me and put her head on my shoulder. When the sun went down we walked along the shoreline. We held each other's hands. We just listened to the waves crash.

"Hey, Pas. I'm tired." Violet says.

"Want to go back to the house?" I ask.

"Yeah." She says.

"Piggy Back Ride?" I suggest.

"If you don't mind." She says.

"Of course not, Milady." I say. She hops on my back. I carry her all the way to the house. I walk with her to her room. I give her a kiss on the lips.

"Good Night, Violet." I say.

"Good night, Pas." Violet says as she closed the door. I turn around and see Kyro.

"Good evening, Sir." I say nervously.

"Indeed it is." He says. I couldn't tell if he was mad or something.

"Now get along." He says.

"Yes, sir." I say. I walked awkwardly to my room. I made sure I had everything packed to go back home. Sleep came easily for me.

(Cipheris)

As we rode the jet back home, I thought about this whole crazy trip. What was supposed to be a weekend camping trip, turned into an abduction, engagement, and a summer getaway at a beach house. I still can't believe Paseris and Violet hid the fact that they were together. I can't believe myself. I have feelings for Sky-Lu, but I could never be a good enough guy for her. I know that on my own, no one has to tell me that.

(Sky-Lu)

I wish he would say that he loves me. How did I even fall for him? Does he even like me or is it all in my head? Why does he keep leaving me? Didn't he promise to never leave me? I see him on the other end of the jet and sigh.