Chapter 25

(Paseris Cont.)

"So since I'm older than Shilo, does that make me wiser?" Cipheris asks.

"You are not older than me! We are the same age!" Shilo argues.

"I'm technically a day older than you, so I'm a day wiser than you." Cipheris continued.

"That doesn't even make sense." Shilo replies.

"You don't make sense." Cipheris spats back. They both start to bicker on. I try to stop it.

(Violet)

While Paseris dealt with his brothers, I go talk to Sky-Lu as we walk around the castle. Rose was in her own world, talking to Louie on the phone.

"Hey, so how is it going with Cipheris." I ask Sky.

"Nothing." She replies.

"Really, nothing?" I ask.

"Yeah. I tried spending time with him at school since we have multiple classes together, but there is always a crowd of girls following him. And being the guy he is, he just has to entertain them and show off." Sky-Lu says frustrated.

"I think I know what you mean. Paseris and I have a couple of stalkers because of Tenebris." I tell her.

"A couple? It's like half the school. I'm surprised the paparazzi isn't all over you guys by now." Sky says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You and Paseris are seen as national heroes, you guys are a couple, and you are royalty. It's a recipe for fame." Sky explains.

"Wow, you make us sound like a big deal. I'm pretty sure we're not that important." I say.

"Well... we are the only two royal families at the school, So there's that too." Sky says.

"True. In Sou-Bo people seemed a little less intense. I guess because we were all going through trauma. People were nicer and a bit more genuine." I say.

"Yeah, also we didn't go to school much. Now we're stuck with snobby rich kids. Most of them are just trying to make friends to climb a social ladder." Sky says while laughing.

"Anyways, if you really want to get with Cipheris, I will see what I can do." I say.

"Oh Violet please, just stay out of it. We just got to a point where it's not that awkward to be around each other anymore." Sky explains.

"Okay." I reply. Oh, I'm am so not staying out of this.

We walk back to the others. Everyone was calm and eating lunch; Sky-Lu and I join them. We then proceeded to do homework, a thing we had to become accustomed to.

"Do you ever think we are being secretly watched by our parents?" Cipheris asks.

"Wouldn't doubt it." Shilo says.

"Yeah, after the whole darkness thing, I don't really trust dad fully." Paseris says.

"At least your parents didn't hide a whole sibling from you." I say.

"The closest thing to that situation is William, but him being with us is understandable." Paseris says.

"How is he anyway?" Rose asks.

"He's still a little isolated, but he's doing a little better for losing his parents." Shilo responds.

"Poor boy." Sky says.

We finished our homework and decide to watch some TV. As we flip through the channels we stop on the local news.

"In honor of our favorite heroic couple, a musical reenactment of their battle with the Darkness will be shown in the Mong amphitheater, this Saturday at noon." The news lady says.