Thirty Six

It's midnight and I would update another part but its on my laptop and it contains 75% of a draft I had for Comforting Sounds so you'll kind of get to meet Seraphina :) it'll be up by tomorrow.

* * * *

I grinned upon waking, feeling my head on Harry's bare chest and his heartbeat in tune with mine. Today was the day of our road trip and I couldn't contain my excitement.

"Harry," I whispered, close to his ear.

He moved his head slightly, rubbing his eyes with a small, throaty groan. He yawned, pretty pink lips stretching as his body slowly hummed to life. He rubbed my shoulder, eyes slowly meeting mine.

"Mm?" He said, pressing his lips to my temple.

"Today's the day."

His lips pulled into a small smile.

"You feeling better?"

Harry had become ill a couple weeks ago. Something was going around and he caught it. I stayed home and took care of him though he refused and fussed for the majority of the time. I only left when I had to get to work. Another one of the guys or one of his friends would check up on him. I got to meet Baby Lux and have another laugh with her mummy Lou. Lux crawled along Harry and even while he was sick in bed he made an effort to make her laugh. I knew he'd be a great father someday. He was such a likable human being.

"I'll just pack some medicine. Don't worry."

I frowned a little, sitting up. We exchanged looks - I gave him my best yeah right and he copied me. I put my hands up in defense. "Okay then. I'm gonna hit the showers." I pushed myself out of bed, laughing to myself. "Please refrain from cheeky comments, Styles."

He laughed from the bed, winking over at me. "You make it easy."

"Idiot." I smirked, walking to the bathroom as he whistled after me. I smiled as I closed the door behind me and locked it. He always made me feel wanted. I loved him for that.

I took morning showers. He took night showers. It was just another one of our differences that worked out. He was always gleaming after his showers and often his warmth would carry on through the night. He would always tell me he liked the way my hair smelled like in the morning. He described it as sunshine and an open field. So I guess he was the moon and I the sun. We lived in a universe of our own that no one else could get into. Our celestial boundaries were higher above than any human to comprehend. We were safe that way. Just me and him and the occasional visits of friends.

With my hair wet in the shower and the water running through my hair and along my arms and legs, I almost felt celestial. I hummed a sweet tune, imagining my feet floating off of the shower floor. I almost made it off the ground, until an excruciating pain blinded me.

Soap got in my eyes and I bit back a scream. So much for celestial. I blindly cleaned myself until I got out of the shower, wiping my eyes with a hand towel until the stinging sensation was gone.

I dried myself off and dried my hair. I somewhat styled it. I never did much with my hair. I shook it out a bit then combed. I liked it a little messy. I slipped on some jeans, no longer fussing over the fact that there was no space between my thighs. I slipped a cream colored shirt over my head, no longer ashamed that my waist wasn't twenty three inches. I grabbed my military jacket and took one look in the mirror.

No cruel voices said anything back to me.

I smiled and dashed out the door.

* * * *

Ed wrapped an arm around me and kissed my head. "You look good."

"Thanks." I leaned into him as we walked outside. The boys were jumping out of their cars and Harry ran back inside to get his shades. Ed and I stood near the doorway, catching up.