Twenty Seven

Lets see who still loves me after all this c;

"I'll be back in a few," I kissed Harry's cheek, trying not to reveal any sign that I'd been crying earlier. "Don't worry." I stroked his cheek as he put his left hand over my right hand which was resting on his face. I smiled sadly as I looked up into his green eyes.

I'd miss them so.

"Where are you going?" He asked quietly.

"Just for a little drive." I mumbled. "Don't worry."

"It's late out, Kitten."

Don't make this harder than it needs to be.

"I'll only be gone for a little bit, darling," I tried to say without faltering. "I love you."

"Love you too."

I kissed his lips painfully and when I pulled away he gave me a funny look.

"What? I can't kiss my boyfriend?" I tried to joke around.

Harry bought it. Had he not learned at how good I am at hiding things?

Stop me! I inwardly begged. Pull me away from the door and stop me!

"Don't be out too long." He kissed my head and handed me the keys to one of his vintage cars.

"Okay. Love you!" I shouted as I went out the door and got into his car.

It even smelled like him.

His cologne filled my nostrils as I sank back into the leather seats and slowly revved up the vintage car. I pulled out with a little sigh and tears stinging at my eyes. This was the hardest thing I'd ever done in my entire life.

You don't have to do this.

I thought of Harry and how heartbroken he might be when he found my long, heartbreaking note.

You have too. You have to do it right or off to Bayberry again.

I drove and drove with my music blasting the entire way. My eyes were only focused on what was ahead. I was scared out of my mind though. I was scared at how determined I was to do this.

There was no turning back. I slammed my foot down on the gas and kept my eyes forwards on the road.

Goodbye sweet angel . . . Goodbye.

HARRY'S POV

"What? I can't kiss my boyfriend?" She joked but the way she kissed me was different. She kissed me slowly, with a lot more love than usual. Almost like she was saying . . . goodbye.

I bit my lip, wondering if I should call her to make sure everything was all right, but I just shook it off. Scarlett was all right. If she wasn't she'd tell me.

Or would she?

I sat on the stairs for a bit, pondering about Scarlett's actions lately. She seemed happier but was always going to bed early or not really in the mood to go out. Sometimes she'd be all happy around the boys but as soon as she got home she'd become deathly quiet.

When you're quiet, you're thinking. The more you think, the more you begin to over think. You over think you get stressed and when you're stressed, you need some kind of release.

Going for long drives could've been one. But where was she headed?

My phone rang, and I at first hoped it was Scarlett but I saw Ed's name across the screen. I quickly answered.

"Hey, Ed!" I tried to say cheerfully.

"Hey, Harry," he said back. "Scarlett's spending the night with you, right?"

"Uh-huh," I said. "Why? What's up?"

"She's not answering her phone. It's straight to voicemail."

"She went out for a drive."

"W-What?!" Ed quickly yelled.

"S-She went out for a drive and -"

"Harry, you let her go out alone?! Are you mad?!"

"Ed, I -"

"Go up to your room right now! J-Just go!"

I obeyed his orders, jumping up to my feet and scrambling up the stairs and towards my room.

"D-Did she leave you anything?"

"L-Leave me anything?" I whispered.

"S-She's really doing it. Harry, did she say where s-she w-was going?!"

"N-No." I lifted up one of my pillows on the bed to see a note under. My name was written in her beautiful writing.

By the time you find this I'll probably be gone . . .

Don't cry over me. Save your tears, darling . . .

I'll miss you calling me Kitten, but I know it'll be all right. I'll be happier . . .

I love you, Harry. I always will. Even though we'll be miles and miles apart. Thank you for the good times, but it just wasn't enough. I'm not stable. I don't think I ever will be. Go on without me. Fine yourself a pretty young gal that hasn't been in rehab when she should've been at prom. I love you very very much, Curly. Don't forget that.

If it makes you feel any better, just know you have a special place in my heart. If anyone could've fixed me, it would've been you.

Please be happy for me. I love you. We'll meet again, in the afterlife. I'll wait a thousand years for you, my love.

Forever and Always, Kitten. xoxo

I crumpled up the note, tears in my eyes.

"S-She's heading t-to the bridge. T-The Midnight Bridge."