Twenty Three

i'm back on tumblr, but idk if you guys even want to know my tumblr but i was thinking about maybe having a special blog for all my characters and you guys could ask them questions and there can be little roleplays and one shots and i thik that'd just be really cute. if you guys want something like that, just let me know in the comments below. anyways. 

Dedicated to my best friend Drea. I found out like two days ago she started reading this and usually I kind of flip out and mentally wish I never posted a single one of my stories but she likes it so it's okay. 

thank you guys for everything. <333

* * * * * * * * * *

Twenty Three

SCARLETT'S POV

Where did he go?

I knocked on Harry's door to give him his jacket back, but he wasn't there. The house was quiet and it was in the afternoon. He was usually home around this time. He rarely left the house. 

I bit my lip, ringing the door bell one more time. The ring echoed in my ear for the longest time as I waited to hear him shuffle down the stairs and unlock the door and greet me with a big smile and a "Kitten!" that would melt all my fears of the world away. 

But, where did he go?

Perhaps I rely on him too much. I sighed and walked down his driveway to make it back to my car. Maybe it was best I didn't spend the entire day with him. He was busy obviously. I had things to do too. 

I'd been wanting to move out for a long time. Ed was also very kind and generous, telling me I could stay as long as I pleased, but it all felt wrong. I was nineteen for crying out loud. I should have my own place. Get into a good college and find a job. I couldn't sit around here any longer. I had to get out. I had to do something or I'd get bored. 

And I think when I'm bored. I think far too much when I'm bored. Then I remember every single fault in my life and I get sad and stop talking and - 

I hate this.

I got into my car quickly, resting my head on the steering wheel before I put my keys in. 

Distract yourself. Flowers. Ooh, roses. Lovely. Red. Okay. Count to ten. Count to ten. 

And I did, but I didn't feel stable. I went all the way up to fifty five until I had enough strength to start my car and clear my head.

* * * * * *

"Mm, Harry, quit it." I said as he put practically all his body weight on me. He buried his face in my neck and smiled against it. I rolled my eyes and tapped away at the computer. Colleges burned through my eyes. I had to find one soon. Then an apartment. Then I'd be happy. 

Harry and I were sitting in his living room. We'd thrown pillows at each other and laughed and watched movies and slept a bit because he was tired. He begged me to stay the night and I started to decline because I knew he had a meeting with Management the next morning, but he insisted. I hadn't seen him in a week. I started to work a bit. I worked in the quiet little bookstore Louis had taken me to when he took me out that one day. Things were starting to fall in place. 

"Do you know what you want to do when you get to college?" He whispered against my neck. 

"Not yet." I bit my lip. "There's Journalism. Psychology."