Thirty

Thirty

HARRY'S POV

I heard the front door close softly as I opened my eyes up again. I looked for the nearest clock and saw it was going on eleven p.m. This was the longest night of my life and I wanted nothing more than to fall asleep. I couldn't sleep until I knew Scarlett was well. When I saw her walk in with Ed - hands intertwined - I knew Ed must have done something right. 

"Look at you two!" I beamed. Scarlett turned bright red as Ed and I laughed. "I've been keeping you two apart." 

"I didn't mind at all." Scarlett said with a big grin. Ed shoved her a little and I laughed as he messed up her hair. She sighed dramatically before shoving him back. The two were so entertaining. 

"Take her away more often. Please." Ed joked. 

"But Ed, I like you." 

"I like you too."

"And I love Harry." She glanced at me. 

"I love Harry too." Ed tried not to laugh. 

"This could be a problem."

"You two are hilarious." I spoke up after we all burst out into laughter. "I made hot chocolate for us." 

"Look at my mug. The little third wheel, aww." Ed made Scarlett and I burst into laughter. "Think I'm just going to take this upstairs." He grabbed his mug carefully from the table and blew it gently.

"Heyyyy," I dragged out the with a little pout. 

Ed let out a yawn faker than Barbie. "Man, I'm just exhausted. Woo. Lemme hit the hay before I fall asleep right here and leave you two kids alone. Oh." He pretended not to notice, making it funnier. 

"Get out!" Scarlett and I said in harmony. Ed sipped his drink, gave me a thumbs up, and walked up the stairs. 

"So," I said shyly. 

"So," Scarlett challenged.

I cleared my throat, rubbing my hands a bit. Why was I so nervous? "Want to sit by the fire?"

"I'm freezing, so yes." 

"You have blankets around here?" 

"You're the perfect blanket." Scarlett smiled down at her feet, looking adorable. She cupped her mug with two hands and drank from it contently. I tried to bite back a smirk but I felt too good on the inside. I was as important to her as she was to me. 

I got up from my chair, grabbed my mug, and walked by her. "Use me then." I whispered in her ear.

I chuckled when her face turned all red and she put on a face of disbelief. I strolled to the living room and into the corner to Ed's fireplace. Scarlett's feet tiptoed after me and she sat beside me near the orange and red flames. 

She sat like an Indian chief and her face looked stunning in the fire's light. She took our mugs and placed them on the coffee table behind us. I caught myself staring and she had caught me too. 

"Yes?" She replied softly, eyes wide and as innocent as a deer's. 

I scooted closer to her, grabbed her waist, and pulled her closer to me. She rested her head on my chest as I got a better grip around her. I started to play with her hair as my girl lazily stared at the fire. I didn't engulf her in my arms, she later told me. She said I was perfect and kept her safe and warm. My Scarlett didn't like to be engulfed. She didn't like anyone extremely close to her. Often I was the same way but we balanced each other out. Because we knew who we were, it gave us the ability to love another just as much.