Twenty Five

thank you guys so so much for 15K! Ilysm okay? never forget that bc I do :)

* * * * *

Harry's POV

Scarlett had been growing distant. I knew sometimes she liked time to herself - she often set aside a day or time to focus on her - but it felt strange. I only called in to check on her once, not wanting to be that clingy boyfriend, and Ed picked up the phone and told me not to worry. I assumed they had been going out for the day. She hadn't been around Ed for a while. He was recording and working a lot resulting in why Louis "babysat" her, why she invited the guys out a lot, and I took her out often - just me and her.

I still had the strangest feeling in my stomach. Something didn't feel right. Nothing did.

I think I did the wrong thing. When she was crying on her bed, muttering she was just feeling ill, I think I should've been there.

I went out with some friends instead. How wrong of me.

I could've talked to her. I could've warned Ed. Now, she was practically gone.

* * * * * * * *

I threw my running shoes to the side. Our trainer had gotten us working out again. I was kind of glad. It took my mind off things for a while. By things  I meant the fact that Scarlett hadn't called me in three days - which was weird. At least for us. I tried to make up valid excuses for me to visit her somehow. Ten month anniversary? Why not, it was almost a full year.

The press was convinced we'd get married. I kept Scarlett out of the public eye as much as possible and Ed did the same whenever they went out together. Scarlett didn't like all the people and the chaos it caused. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the way she hung onto me when the paparazzi got too close. Only once did a paparazzi touch her, but never again. I stepped in front of her and yelled at the paparazzi until she got into the Range Rover with security.

She shook in the car, staring out the tinted windows with a fearful look in her eye. It was a delicate Scarlett that didn't come out so often. It was a lovely side of her.

I learned she had many moods. There were times when she was stubborn and strong - like when I first asked her to be my girlfriend. It made me feel honored to have a heart that rarely gave itself away.

There were times when she was playful and flirty without even knowing it. It was when she let her weird, dorky side come out. She'd do certain hand motions and dances and make faces that cracked herself up. And I loved that about her.

She had her quieter and more serious side. Usually when she was reading an article online or thinking hard about something. Sometimes she wrote, other times she slept a lot and shuffled around the house very slowly. That was when I came in and how like she tried to cheer me up, I cheered her up until she was laughing again.

Usually she was in her "quiet" mood after work. Sometimes I picked her up from there but for the most part she drove home. If Ed was home, she'd stay with him. If not, she came over to be with me. She said she hated empty houses. The only time she was happy after work was when she got to take home another classic from her boss' library. Some days she looked completely miserable. I'd tell her that her mask has fallen and she would just look at me with her sad eyes. She knew that I knew and I know she appreciated that.

I caught her in the bathroom once. She had been pointing out all her imperfections. She said her hips were too wide, her shoulders were too broad. I thought she was perfect and when she didn't believe me, I wiped her tears away and told her every little thing I loved about her. Her smile softly returned as soon as I kissed her pretty little head.