Seventeen

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to Ed Sheeran. If you ever see this maybe, somehow, i love you and aint nobody as dope as you. ;p mwah.

thank you for 500,000+ reads!

* * * *

Seventeen

Ed and I had caught up finely in a matter of days and over plenty of late nights with one too many bottles of wine and pages and pages of new songs.

Even as drunk as we were, the lyrics still vaguely made some sense. After sobering up, we finished the very last song for his album, "You Need Me, I Don't Need You", which slammed all of the autotuned and fake "singers" of this generation. Ed barely needed my help. The perfect words flowed out of him like an enchanting river. I was amazed at his songwriting ability.

"Whoa, there's like four bad words in here." I snickered over breakfast with him. "I remember when you were in choir and all quiet and shy with your glasses."

He rolled his eyes as I pinched his cheek.

"You just perfectly described yourself, Robinson." He swatted my hand away like it was a pesky fly.

"Not even!"

"Admit it, or I'm not paying." Ed smiled, cocking his head to the side. "I kind of don't want to pay though."

"No problem." I smirked as I started to pull out my wallet. I looked behind the picture of me and Ed after his first show to see a picture of me, Clementine, Mother, Father, and Grandpa. I smiled sadly before blocking the picture again.

When I looked up, Ed was smiling up at the waitress as she blushed a little. He'd already paid for our light breakfast.

"Ooh, Ed's gonna get some." I laughed as he looked quite alarmed.

"N-No, I just - "

"You don't know how attractive you are."

He smirked. "You think I'm attractive?"

"What? I - " I paused, because I realized I did just call him attractive.

"Shut up, Ed."

"Knew it!"

"Oh hush!"

He luaghed as I leaned back into the leather booth with my arms crossed.

"C'mon. We gotta get to the studio, turn in these songs, and make the Sheerios go nuts." He helped me out of the booth with a playful grin.

* * * * *

I watched as his manager listened to each track, foot tapping and smiling as Ed sang in the booth.

Ed was glowing. He strummed his guitar with passion as he hit all his notes perfectly and sang beautifully.

"I like that one." Stuart smiled as Lego House wrapped up. "Did you do any deluxe tracks?"

Ed nodded, adjusting his headphones. "I wrote two extra. I don't know if they'll be deluxe tracks though."

"Names?"

"Sunburn and Wake Me Up."

Those were the ones that Ed had a hard time writing. He said they were off limits and I understood why. Sunburn made my eyes sting a little.

"You're not her

Though I try to see you differently,

I tow the line