[22]: Making Her Believe

The rain continued to pour down over our heads as we contemplated facing the pissed wolf now or later. Our best option would have been later, but Ian had other plans.

A bone-chilling growl left the lips of the man that I was destined to be with. It was only his warning, so of course Julian had to do as his Alpha wanted. We ended up in front of this intimidating man. And the cold tremors that rain down our spines wasn't from the freezing tears of the clouds. Ian was just that intimidating.

Before I could even blink, Ian grabbed me by the waist and slammed me into his hard chest. "Shift!" He ordered Julian in this dark and deeply compelling voice that sounded nothing like his sexy slightly southern twang. It was the voice of something more animalistic, something savage. His wolf.

Moments later, Julian was standing before us in his birthday suit, his head hung in submission. A flinch involuntarily moving me in Ian's arms as I remember the last guy who stood naked before me. I unconsciously hide my head in Ian's chest as my body shakes slightly in remembrance.

Another growls rips through the stormy air as Ian notices my reaction. Seconds pass and I hear shuffling before allowing myself to peek. Now, Julian is clothed yet barefoot in the rain. And only then do I notice Ian is also vibrating against me, but the look on his face gives me no hope that either of us will make it out of this without repercussions.

"Take her inside to Anastasia so she can eat," Ian orders just as I'm flung into the arms of Blaine. The way he sounded was almost as if he was straining himself from growling, but failed miserably.

I turn my head just in time to see Ian staring at Julian, probably speaking through the mindlink, before being pulled inside to the kitchen.

"Blaine, what's going on out there? What is Ian saying?" I question him but get no answer in reply. I don't need one because I soon hear the sounds of snarling and whines of what I now know to be Julian's.

It doesn't even take a second thought before I'm rushing back--or at least I tried.

"Let me go! I have to help him! He's going to kill him!" My arms and legs swing about trying to land a blow on Blaine, who is currently holding me back.

"What's going on, baby?" I hear a familiar voice ask from behind us. My thoughts confirmed when I'm tossed in her direction and told to stay put by the Manhandler known as Blaine.

I look toward Anastasia and see the glazed over look in her eyes I knew now meant she was currently unblinking someone. A sour pucker adorns her face as she comes to.

"What's going on?" I ask her, wanting answers. She ignores me and turns to the fridge to pull out condiments and lunchmeat. After much questions going unanswered, I have a sandwich placed before me and ready to be devoured. Too bad I wasn't eating it until my questions were answered first. My grumbling stomach would just have to suffer for now.

"Will you just quit and eat already?" She asks annoyed while trying not to look at me.

"Not until I get my answers," I remark defiantly.

She puckered her lips again before turning away and putting away everything. I guess she wants to be difficult, as well.

"I have a right to know what's going on out there because Julian is my best friend. I need to know if he's being punished for my stupidity." I didn't care if I got in trouble because I knew Ian wouldn't hurt me. It was Julian I was worried for.

She tensed for a second before continuing to put things away. "You're too young to understand."

My brows scrunch up. "What do you mean I'm too young? That's my mate and best friend out there, and I'm sure that Ian isn't in the right state of mind to handle this tiny situation."