[20]: His Anger

Once we had gotten back to the pack house, Ian immediately dragged me into our room after we dropped off Payton. He was seething as he yelled at her for putting me in danger before he left her apartment and headed back into the forest, towards the pack house. Words just couldn't explain the rage emitting from him in sharp, harsh waves that clogged the air. The tension between us couldn't be nicked even with the sharpest knife.

"What the fuck did you think you were doing?!" He finally exploded on me once the bedroom door slammed. His fists were clenched to the point of bleeding palms. His body seemed rigid and taut, like the smallest touch would tip him over the edge of sanity. Even his eyes, a dangerous inky pool of vexation, couldn't have been ignored. It was basically the main thing that immediately grabbed your attention.

A fearful shiver shot down my spine at the power behind his booming question. I don't think I've ever seen him this mad before. Calm and cold, yes, but definitely not brimming with vehemence. He looked beastly.

"I asked you a fucking question and you better answer me, darlin'," he demanded, just oozing venom as he sneered.

I glared right back even though I was silently shaking. "Don't act like you own me, Mr. Alpha man, because I will surely make you regret it."

He growled loud enough so the whole house to hear it. And the pack house was huge, like a gosh dang mansion. "I just fucking got you back after you were kidnapped during a rogue attack, and this is how you repay me?! By sneaking off with my sister without telling me just for some stupid ass coffee?!"

"Hey, I'm not your damn toy so don't think that I have to get your permission to do a damn thing," I retorted, making my stance clear. He wasn't winning this battle without a scratch.

He snarls and throws his hands up. In seconds, he's advanced on me with his height overpowering my small frame. Yet I still held my ground even though I barely made it to his shoulder.

"Why the hell are you so stubborn?! Even after all the shit you've been through, you're still acting like an immature bitch that doesn't know when to take help when it's given," he barks in my face.

I flinch at the mention of the 'b' word before silent, angry tears traitorously fell. "What if I don't want your help, huh? Have you ever thought about that? You forced me to stay with you even though I've given almost every sign saying I don't want to be here! You're the one that's stubborn! I just want my fucking life back, and you want to keep someone that doesn't want you! Yeah, so I guess we're both stubborn, selfish bitches right?!"

The slight flinch he reacted with was minor compared to his enraged, storming eyes. But there was something in them that told me, he was processing what I'd just said. He was thinking about it before sighing, his emotions subsiding to just a simple expression.

"Look... I'm sorry, but we both know that you leaving me is out of the question, darlin'." Ian places his large hands on my biceps, rubbing them up and down. I would be lying, saying that I didn't feel euphoric at the buzzing sensations his touch have me. It had me pining for something I knew I definitely wasn't ready to admit. "I don't think you understand this, but I wouldn't be able to run this pack if you weren't with me."

I look at him with adoration before shaking my dreaming thoughts and hopeless fantasies. There could be nothing between Ian and me but staying to be Luna, nothing else. I couldn't be anything else for him, especially if he had already given his heart to someone else who'd already frozen it.

We stayed in the room for mostly the whole day just talking about anything. At some points we managed to get something to eat and sate our thirsts but other than that we stayed in the bedroom. It was peaceful, having him all for myself to just talk and get to know each other better. Of course, neither he or I delved too deep in the other's past because we both seemed to want to keep it that way-in the past.