[26]: When The Truth Comes Out

My mind is a jumbled mess as my thoughts whirl around without a destination. Thoughts of a baby out of wedlock. Thoughts of my mom's reaction to this situation. Thoughts of how I would be able to care for a child when I wasn't emotionally ready for such a responsibility yet. How could I have allowed for this to happen? My mom is going to slaughter me, then resurrect me and kill me again. She would be so ashamed of me to conceive a child without a ring on my finger.

This is all that idiot Alpha's fault for seducing me all the time. If it wasn't for him keeping me and making me grow to actually tolerate him, I wouldn't be in this mess.

A loud crash downstairs makes my skin crawl, and the harsh snarls following the sounds aren't as promising. There is definitely something wrong and I'm pretty sure this mess has Ian's name written all over it. Stupid Alpha.

My feet trudge down the stairs with a fierce determination to stop all chaos from adding onto my ninety-nine problems. He just always has to make my life that much more worse. There won't be a day that goes by where he isn't doing something crazy or bi-polar. This whole relationship between us is some sort of twisted fairytale that won't go away once I blink my eyes. I just really wish that all of this could just go away.

Once I make it downstairs, I follow the loud snarls and crashes coming from the lounge area. It doesn't even take two steps into the room before I'm thrust into the drama.

Ian's livid as he witnesses his own dad's large, calloused hands wrapped around my neck. He holds me hostage against his body as a human shield from his son that has to be held back by a handful of his own men. My own body was still in shock of what was happening inside this very room, and even how it ended up at this point.

"Let her go, father." Ian's voice is colder than a harsh winter in Alaska. "She has nothing to do with this, and you know it."

His dad's harsh yet aged chuckle fills my ears and sends a body shaking tremor down my spine. His deep yet cynical voice was something out of my nightmares. "Son, you and I both know that this ....girl is more a part of our lives than you would imagine."

Ian growls at his father with an icy cold glare as he struggles to free himself to little avail. Once he knows they aren't letting him go anytime soon, he snorts. "What are you talking about old man?"

His dad smirks against my hair causing me to squirm out of his reach, still trying to claw away his hands. "You know, now that I actually look at her, she looks just like her mother. Shame I didn't see it before."

My heart stops as I comprehend what he just said. A collection of murmurs and gasps fill the room as people stare at us like everything else was nonexistent. Even Ian was pulled into the mass of confusion as he sort of calms down. He turned his gaze to me, taking me in as if it was his first time really seeing me clearly.

"What? Am I the only one that noticed her strange scent and eyes? It's pretty obvious to me now that I really mention it. There are so many similarities between the two."

My pleas for help go unheard by everyone in the room, so I turn to Ian as a last resort. "Ian, please believe that I don't know what he's going on about. I don't even know --"

His dad interrupts me abruptly, tightening his hold on my neck causing Ian to growl lowly. "That's right, you little whore. You don't know anything, or that's what you wanted my son to believe."

I huff in frustration, clawing at his forearms. "What the ....hell ....are you ....talking 'bout?"

"Release her father!" Ian's eyes swirl with darkness as he snarls his order.

Much to my relief and Ian's, his hold transitions to trap my arms and upper torso. His laugh sends his warm breath onto the side of my face. "It's funny, son. The way you protect this slut is honestly beyond my comprehension. If you knew who she was, you'd be wishing you left her for dead right on that road as well."