[10]: The Mark

I couldn't describe the mass of emotions that swelled through me like a tidal wave that knocked you out and stunned you for however long it took to pass. I felt as if I was drowning in my own tidal wave of fear that slowly consumed me in the seconds it took for Julian to land on top of me.

The scene slowed down as my heart fluttered faster than a mockingbird's wings. His hands curled up into claws, his eyes burning holes into my body, his face contorted into the snarl of a predator pouncing on its prey on victory. The whole scene played frame by frame with each bat of the eye, closer and closer he got, until suddenly the last blink was met with no Predator Julian coming towards me. I was confused.

I blinked a couple times. My mind must be playing tricks on me, because I could've sworn Julian was here with me not even a couple seconds ago. Where did he go?

A loud thud interrupted my thoughts followed by gut-wrenching crunches that echoed through the once empty hall. My stomach heaved at the sound of bones being broken and I was scared to find out the source of not only Julian's disappearance but also that noise.

I squeezed my eyes shut as tears spilled over and squatted as low as I could to the ground, shuffling to the wall and covering my ears to block the vomit-inducing crunches. It was a struggle to keep everything I held down today to come right back up.

"Stop!" Barked a faintly familiar voice somewhere behind me as the crunching noises started to seize. "You're scaring her!" The man remarked to whomever was causing those horrible noises.
A moment later, hands were gently pulling my mine away from my ears. The same hands gently caressed my face as they tilted my chin up to meet the beautiful hazel eyes I've realized I missed all day.

"What did I tell you about leaving our room, darlin'?" Queried the silky southern accent that always seemed to have my insides stirring.

Without even thinking, I wrapped my arms around his neck and cried into his shoulder. Never in my life would I have wanted to show weakness in front of this man, but Julian's almost attack brought me down a couple notches. The thought of what might've been reminded oh too well of Him, and Ian, even though he's a cold-hearted jerk most of the time, seemed to calm me down with just his presence. It was strange yet welcoming all the same.

"I... and he... then..." I tried so desperately to explain but my mind couldn't seem to arrange one complete sentence. It was humiliating, and I think that I was wiping my snot on his shirt. Gross and humiliating. However, he didn't mind at all, he just wrapped his arms tightly around me like he was afraid I would disappear and stroked my hair.

"Shh, calm down, darlin'," he cooed, surprisingly, without sounding gay. "Just promise to listen to me next time."

I nod and wrap my arms tighter around his neck, stuffing my head in his other shoulder as he stood up. Ian held my legs up to wrap around his slim waist.

"Blaine, take Julian to the Pit so I can deal with him later," Ian ordered who I'm guessing was the guy that stopped the noise. And I'm guessing that Ian did something terrible to Julian, even though that was highly unnecessary.

I shake my head and lift it from his shoulder staring into his angered orbs that held a hidden swirl of concern and fear inside. So, he had some sort of feelings for me that he himself possibly didn't want to admit to.

"Don't, Ian. Just please get me away from here." I sniffle, burying my head back into his shoulder so he couldn't see my disgusting face. I feel him nod as he stands as still as a statue for a couple moments before gaining momentum and heading off in the opposite direction of wherever Blaine was going.

Being brave, or either guilty, I snook a peak behind Ian's back to see the condition he left Julian in. I winced when I saw Blaine dragging along a very bloody and battered body that belonged to Julian, but his face was so unrecognizable that he could've been anyone at this moment.