[13]: Lights Out, Sweetheart

My breathing was forced and frenzied as my feet ran bare across the carpeted halls. Heels long forgotten somewhere along the way to get to him. It felt as if my soul was calling out to him, to search his whereabouts and emotional being. The new experience both terrified and excited me to know where he was and if he was okay. It goes to show that my uncontrolled feelings that fell over me in a large wave and opened my eyes to everything, allowed me to be more in-tune with Ian.

Just his name alone had my heart bursting more than it already was in my struggle to get to him. It was as if the hallways stretched on forever, keeping me from my mate. He was mine, and I needed him. Only him.

"Ian!" I pant, out of breath as I neared our room. His connection was growing stronger and that alone built strength into me to keep going. To get to him. My source of my life, my love, and my everything.

The door to our room swung open and out stepped my other half. Just the sight of him caused my feet to move faster, almost never touching the carpet.

"Ian!" I pant again, fully bringing his attention to me. His shocked expression did wonders to my heartstrings. I couldn't take it anymore, so I launched myself at him.

His taut, tanned arms caught me and, after a couple seconds, held onto me like I would disappear. But I wasn't going anywhere, and I damn sure wasn't going to leave him.

"What's the matter, darlin'?" He searched my face and body for any damage but I shook my head and smiled at him. Just the look of terror and concern that swirled in his eyes made me appreciate this Godly gift even more.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my tearstained face in his collarbone. "Just hug me,... please."

He was hesitant for a second before his arms held on tighter. One hand slid up to stroke my hair as the other held the small of my back as close as physically possibles into his heated body. It was the most amazing feeling I have ever experienced. The thought just made more tears spring in my eyes.

"Hey, shh, don't cry darlin'," Ian commanded but the shakiness of his voice lessened its effect. "Tell me what happened."

"Nothing, I'm just tired," I admitted honestly. These past few days have been emotionally draining. "Can we just go to sleep, please?" I beg looking into his hazel orbs.

He looks at me for a couple minutes before wrapping my legs around his waist and pulling me into the room. I didn't even complain when he started to undress me before pulling one of his shirts over my head and laid me down.

Ian is possibly the best mate any girl could ever have, and I'm glad to call him mine.

"Good night, darlin'," he whispered into my ear after cutting out the lights and kissing my temple. I gradually closed my eyes but wiggled uncomfortably in the bed next to him before climbing onto his chest. His body tensed under me as I entangled myself in him before finally being able to drift off peacefully. The last thing I remember is an arm wrapping around my waist and a light kiss to my head.

I wake up the next morning to yelling and banging outside the bedroom door. Even through my grogginess, I manage to turn myself over to wake Ian but he's not there. I start to panic as Ian could be anywhere and I'm left alone in a house of strangers.

The panic subsides when Ian comes barging through the door, but my heart skips a beat at his anger. I immediately get out of bed and race over to him.

"What's wrong?" My voice sounds a lot higher pitched than I intended.

Ian looks into my eyes before looking down at my partially exposed body before his eyes sink to darkness. He shakes his head before walking past me and to the closet.